AOMEI Positive Attitude to GDPR: Provide GDPR-Compliant Software and ServiceBy: AOMEI May 28, 2018
AOMEI mission is that always keep global data safer. This GDPR will guide AOMEI to accomplish this mission. We must honor GDPR data subject rights and protect GDPR personal data from security breaches.
What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union and the European Economic Area. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU and EEA. GDPR is Effective on May 25 2018.
The GDPR requires any business operating in the EU or foreign business dealing with EU customers to store or process personal data within the European borders (unless there is a lawful basis for data transfer outside of the EU).
Personal data can only be kept for as long as it is required for the initial purpose and must be
protected in accordance with the new rules. Both the controller and the processor are required to
“implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security
appropriate to the risk,” including data encryption or pseudonymisation (“the processing of personal
data in such a way that the data can no longer be attributed to a specific data subject without the
use of additional information.”)
The GDPR focuses on the concept of accountability whereby businesses will have to "demonstrate"
compliance with the principles relating to the principles of personal data. This will involve
implementing more demonstrable processes and maintaining a proactive approach.
What AOMEI Company do for GDPR?
1. AOMEI will take positive attitude to follow the GDPR rules and provide GDPR-Complaint software and service to our customers.
2. AOMEI core team have hold the meetings for GDPR many times. We finally negotiated the GDPR-compliant data protection and storage solutions.
3. Deliver the GDPR awareness training for all of the AOMEI staff. They will use the GDPR rules to guide their works from all aspects.
4. AOMEI will collect the document disaster and security breaches from the global world and research the effective way to protect the data from the danger.
What are AOMEI IT Operations for GDPR?
1. All AOMEI software do not collect the “personal data” that Any information relating to a living,
identified or identifiable natural person. The data cannot be tracked to one person or one IP.
2. The data AOMEI collected is just some system or disk partition info, but we cannot get the exact
data in the disk. All data can help us to improve the user experience and there is no other
3. AOMEI promise that the data AOMEI software collected will be deleted within 24 months. If the data
is in AOMEI server, it will be deleted within 1 months. If the data is in google server, it will be
deleted by google within 24 months.
4. If AOMEI software want to collect user data, the program will ask for your agreement. If you say
no, there is no users collecting. And the most important is that you can set the software to stop
collecting the data at any time if you want.
Some Possible Questions from AOMEI users
Q:What can I do if I would not allow software collect my data?
A: If you do not want to allow the software to collect your data, you can refuse it directly. And also, you can continue to use AOMEI software.
Q: What can I do if I do not want the software to collect the data but I agree it at
A:If you want to quit the data collecting operation, you can set the software to stop collecting data by yourself at any time.
Q: How to delete the all the data as I want?
A: AOMEI Promise that all the data we collect by software will be deleted automatically within 24 months. So please do not worry about the data security.
Some Suggestions for AOMEI users
Self-check your security condition to against the personal data threats.
Take anti-ransomware and other measures to minimize security breaches.
Improve monitoring to detect other potential personal data loss events.
Revamp your security breach to meet GDPR notification requirements.
AOMEI - the easiest backup keeps data safer, is an up-and-coming software company founded in 2009. AOMEI is a freeware-based company, striving to make 81% of the users free to use their products. With professional and reliable support service, AOMEI products are favored by users around the world. Today AOMEI solutions are available worldwide through a global network of service providers, distributors and resellers. AOMEI continued to grow and develop while bearing in mind their mission - Always Keep Global Data Safer, and strive to let billion of users benefit from AOMEI Products, and make AOMEI become the industry benchmark.