Home AOMEI Products Support

PreOS takes forever after 85% :((

Hello!
I have Aomei Partition Assistant standart 6.0 (or 7.0, 8.0, old interface in other words) and yesterday I started migrating the OS from HDD 1 to another HDD 2. Everything worked fine until it reached 85% and after 24 hours I have 88% in status "Moving data".  Can I break it now? Will everything be OK with my original OS on HDD1? Thank you!

Comments

• Update:....
  • It runs but extremely slow. 1Gb per 4 hours.
  • edited November 2023
    "I have Aomei Partition Assistant standard 6.0 (or 7.0, 8.0, old interface"
    You have answered your own question. Before this problem happened, you should update to newest version.
    "PreOS takes forever"
    Aomei support recommends choosing WinPE mode, instead of the older PreOS mode, if the app asks you.
    There are actually 2 slightly different PreOS modes, you are using the older of the 2, which only activates in Windows 7 or prior version of Windows. Your PreOS screenshot is called "MenuDriven OS type". In Windows 8+ versions, the Aomei PreOS mode will actually look like MSDOS, I know that is counter-intuitive that newer versions will look older.
    Before doing any deep operation, such as migrating your OS, please always backup just your essential files to a small USB stick, in the event of a failure or problem, and print your Bitlocker recovery code onto paper.
    1) Which motherboard mode Legacy-BIOS, UEFI-CSM, UEFI-nonCSM?
    2) What PC brand, year, model #, desktop or laptop?
    3) HDD, SSD 2.5", SSD M.2 SATA, SSD M.2 NVMe?
    4) Hard Drive partition table MBR or GPT?
    5) Aomei product tier Standard, Pro, Other?
    6) Windows version 10, 11, Home, Pro, Enterprise?
    PA is good software, and has many features, but in my opinion, shrinking a partition is the 1 feature I do not recommend almost anyone use, because it takes a very long time, and sometimes can result in errors. For shrinking partitions, please use Disk Management, or if you are advanced, use Diskpart.
    In the future, please try PA WinPE USB.
    A lot of the forum posts are about PreOS mode glitches and problems. If you want your voice to be heard, please leave a comment on a forum post I made to collect the PreOS problems:
    Partition Assistant WinPE USB:
    Add custom drivers, such as NVMe, if necessary.
    https://www.diskpart.com/help/make-bootable-cd-wizard.html

Aomei WinPE Builder USB:
    Partition Assistant, Backupper, Recuva, 7zip, OSF Mount, CPU-Z, Bootice, diskmgmt.msc. Does not support any additional drivers, such as some internal NVMe disks.
    https://www.ubackup.com/pe-builder.html

• HuhHuh
    edited November 2023
    I have Windows 7, and I havent be propted what mode it would run. Can I stop this safely? 4 hours left but I have 89%. :(((

1.Legacy BIOS
    2.Asembled myself
    3.HDD 300GB TO HDD 1TB
    4.MBR
    5.Standart
    6.Widows 7 Professional
  • I had stopped on 89% without any issues. Now I'll use another software.
  • Thank you, I understand your operation was not successful. Are your HDD both 7200, or 5400? Thank you.