Home AOMEI Products Support

Reinstall failes due to "reboot required" message. All recommended cleaning done. Help required

Hi,

I have the well known problem that I uninstalled AMOEI Backupper and want to reinstall it now. The thing is, it always tells me "a reboot is required". It seems it's not the first time this is happening as I found 2-3 forum entries already although some of them date back to 2018.

I did already the following steps:
1.) Delete install directory 
2.) Delete directory in "C:\ProgramData"
3.) Cleanup registry and removed every entry with "AOMEI" or "Backupper" or the stuff in "Services" starting with "amxxx" you listed in a forum entry.
4.) run ccleaner and fix all registry entries.
5.) Trying to install another version (I had Standard installed with 1 year license) but all versions (Trial, Free, Pro) are telling me that a reboot is required
6.) Check for Service Containing "AOMEI" in it's name but nothing exists.

And I don't have or can create another user to be able to install AOMEI Backupper as this is blocked by administrator.

So, what else could backupper check and why do you still not have an proper uninstaller like any feasible company? I really question a lot the maturity of the install/uninstall process if there's neither clear instructions nor an uninstaller nor does the installer work properly on uninstalling. And I already spent hours now fiddling around trying all sorts of suggestions. And no I don't want a screen sharing session. If you can' t tell me what else could be checked I definitly have to look for a better company that have proper control of their software
Tagged:

Comments