Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEI Backupper blocked access to all 3 external hard drives

The hard drives still showed up on my system, but I didn't have access to them. I tried a number of things, including the standard rebooting of all devices, etc. I finally got access back by uninstalling AOMEI Backupper and rebooting.

I sort of liked this program until it broke access to my hard drives. What was going on? Before I try reinstalling it (or paying for it), I need to know what happened.

Comments

• @Iruka_Naminori, Could you install AOMEI Backupper again and then check if you will get the same situation? We don't encounter the problem situation. Generally, AOMEI Backupper doesn't lock hard drives.
  • Thanks for your reply, but I have some concerns.

I am afraid that uninstalling AOMEI Backupper may not work next time and, although I have no experience with AOMEI's support, the trend for the past couple of decades (longer?) has been a severe decline in the quality of customer service, especially when it comes to computer issues.

I used to build and repair PCs. Even though I haven't kept up with advances in recent years, I still know much more than the average user. Often, I'm able to fix problems official support can't, but it is time-consuming and frustrating.

Unfortunately, most tech support has been relegated to non-techs with scripts. If something falls outside the purview of the script, consumers are largely on their own. 

I absolutely require access to those external hard drives. What kind of assurances can you provide that your software won't block access to my hard drives forever, that I won't have to spend hours troubleshooting, that I won't have to try a risky restoration of the C drive?

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Iruka
  • @Iruka_Naminori, Sorry that we can't give an assurance. We don't encounter the situation. And, our technician also said that the program code doesn't have the feature to lock drives. We believe that the problem is caused by other reasons. 
  • Could you elaborate about what step you were stuck on when it does not allow you to access the partitons? Are the partitions missing a drive letter? Do they have a drive letter, but when you click on them, it says it cannot open them? Can you open them, but they are empty? Please post a screenshot you took during this problem, thank you.