Home AOMEI Products Support

Info code 214 received during restore using Backupper 2.1 (error code of 40 when we use 1.5)

edited June 2014 in AOMEI Products Support

We are restoring an image of an ESXI based VM and we are getting an info code of 40 and then we tried to use backupper 2.1 and tried again and received a dffierent info code of 214.  So, any help would be appreciated.. Thanks 

Comments

• edited July 2014

Hi Roch,

We have replied to your email, would you please provide the details of the failure such as some screenshots.

Best Regards,

Kam

AOMEI Support Team

• Similar issue here.  I have done numerous full disk restores on a Toshiba laptop (Win 7 Professional) from a restore CD with no issue but my Gateway Netbook (Win 7 Basic) keeps exiting with a code 214.  I cannot send screen captures unless I take them with my phone. Log files?  The netbook is kaput so where the hell are the log files?

I have tried with several full disk backup files and multiple differential backup points with no luck.

The restore is being attempted from a USB stick made from a restore CD.  There is no optical drive on the netbook.  I nuked the disk and installed Linux (and used another program to back THAT up sector-by-sector) and am now experimenting on trying to get my old disk image back.  Very frustrating.

What the hell is "reserve space" and why is there not enough of it on a frickin' mostly empty 3 Tb disk (where the image is) or on the 250 Gb disk I am attempting to restore?  The message tells me to "increase the reserve space" but not WHAT that is or WHERE that is or HOW one does that.

WTF?

Also, each failure with a code 214 resets all my partitions (from the Linux install) and declares the whole disk "unallocated space."  Which is why I had to sector-by-sector backup my Linux install.  That took 997.9 minutes . . . 

• Well, I don't know if someone still has this issue but if, here's what I did and worked. (I used AOMEI Standard Backupper)

- Using an elevated Command Prompt, launch diskpart.

- Type list disk.

- Find your disk (Size) and type select disk 0. (Where 0 needs to be replaced by your needs)

- Now type clean. !! The disk will be erased !!

- At this point, normally you would create a new partition BUT that's what I didn't do.

- Exit diskpart and Command Prompt and run the restore procedure with AOMEI to the unpartitioned disk. (It will ask you to adapt your disk at some point.)

Hope this helps.

Claude

• @Roch, what kind of the restore you do? It is system restore or disk restore?

Why you do not use the latest 3.5 version?

• @xenu if you do the disk backup restore, you can delete all the partition in the destination beofre you do the restore. Error code 214 is that there is not enough space in the destination.

• @Admin: See date of Roch and Xenu....

• image Thanks for your warning.