Home Suggestions and Feedbacks

Why i got this error message : Failed to update ARC number.

Sorry, the current operation has been canceled!

Information Code: 16
Description: Failed to update ARC number.

I got this message when i wanted to merge two partitions together and after the operation is almost complete.

what does this error mean? and how we can fix it??

Comments

• Hello,

We are so sorry for the inconvenience. This error code indicats the process of changing the boot.ini failed. boot.ini is a system file to save the partition parameters and boot information for Windows XP/2000/2003. PartitionAssistant will need to save the partition changes to boot.ini before finalizing the process. You will be given this error when the Partition Assistant failed to change the file, and this may cause a system start failure.

If you are able toboot your system after the operation, then you should no more care it. If you are not able to boot from any of all your installed system, you could insert your WinXP install CD and get into system failure console to fix the boot.ini with bootcfg or fixboot, for detailed instructions you can search google forbootcfg and fixboot.

If you are still not able to fix the boot.ini , you may create a USB winPE system and boot from winPE to copy the file in your C drive then send the file to us, we will fix it for you.

If you have any further questions please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team