Home AOMEI Products Support

Very long AOMEI Backupper startup times

I'm running Backupper v7.2.0 and Windows 11. It takes an inordinately long time to start, usually at least 45 seconds to 1 minute after clicking its icon. I have it set to backup on a weekly schedule and that seems to function normally but clearly something isn't right as nothing else takes such a long time to start. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue? I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling with no change in startup times. Thanks.

Comments

• @Winuser, Did you use AOMEI Backupper pro? or the standard edition? Do you get the situation when you start AOMEI Backupper every time? And, did you use AOMEI Backupper for the first time?
    Could you disconnect the internet and then start AOMEI Backupper to check again?
  • I am using the standard edition. Yes, it's every time I start the program. I've been using the program for a few months on this computer. Disconnecting from the internet had no effect.
  • @Winuser
    "I've been using the program for a few months on this computer"---Is there no problem on the old edition?
    Please uninstall AOMEI Backupper, and reboot the computer, and reinstall AOMEI Backupper. And then, please run AOMEI Backupper to check again. In addition, please close other running program when you start AOMEI Backupper.

• edited April 2023
    I experience this same issue with Win10-x64.  Currently on 7.2.1, but this has been happening for months under previous versions.  25 seconds to load.  I installed it in a test Win-11 VM and it starts up right away.  Installed in Win10-x64 VM and it start up right away.  Uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled - still takes 25 seconds to load.

So it isn't the OS per se since either inside a VM load up AOEMI quickly.  But the bare metal Win10-x64 OS drags its feet.  Any thoughts?

The startup loads ~43 megs, then slowly over the 20+ seconds increases its storage in small amounts.  Towards the end of the 20+ seconds, the storage grows quickly in larger chunks to end up at ~93 megs.
  • Further to this, using Process Explorer I can watch the process load into memory.  The startup loads ~43 megs right off the bat, then slowly over the next ~20 seconds it increases its storage in small amounts.  In the last couple of seconds, the storage grows quickly in larger chunks to end up at ~93 megs.
  • edited April 2023
    Please create a new Windows User Account, set as Administrator. Run Backupper in the new User, is it faster now?
  • No, this did not improve start up time.  Still ~25 seconds.
  • Try watching the task manager as Backupper is loading. Maybe a scan by Windows Defender or other antivirus is being triggered.
  • I have experienced the same terribly slow backup Files. it took 30 min just to scan 132,000 files.
    When I switched off Windows Real-time protection (Antimalware service) all went back to normal.

I'm using Standard 7.2.1