Home The Lounge

Can't boot my laptop

Hello everyone I need help with my Dell G3 laptop

I used aomei software to resize the hard drive partitions, decrease the C partition and increase the SRP to more than 200MB.

After the software successfully finished and asked for a restart, my laptop start the reboot then it's stuck on the Dell logo, and I can't even enter the bios 

Is there anything I can do to solve this issue?

Tagged:

Comments

• @Rand, The C: drive is behind of SPR partition? If so, when you increase the SRP partition, it will change the start sector of the system drive, which might cause the system can't boot. Maybe you can try:
    If you have the installation DVD or USB of Windows (available only for these Windows versions: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1,10 and 11), you can use it to run bootrec commands to fix boot problem.
    a. Insert the installation media and boot from it.
    b. At the Welcome screen, click “Repair…” option.
    c. Select Troubleshoot
    d. Select Command Prompt
    e. Type
    bootrec / fixmbr
    Diskpart
    Diskpart> list volume
    Diskpart> sel disk 0  //select the disk you want to fix
    Diskpart> list volume
    Diskpart> sel volume 0 //select the “system” or “EFI” partition on the cloned disk
    Diskpart> assign letter=H
    Diskpart> exit
    bcdboot C:\Windows /s H: /f all
    bootsect /nt60 sys
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /rebuldbcd

Ps. Please press Enter after each command to perform the command.
    f. When you are finished with Command Prompt, type exit, press Enter and remove the DVD/USB from the drive. Reboot the computer to boot from the cloned disk again.
  • edited December 2022
    Rand, you mentioned your disks' SRP System Reserved Partition. My understanding is that that is normally only used in Legacy MBR disks, have you considered reinstalling your Windows Installation from scratch, so that you can instead of the modern GPT/UEFI configuration? It will help you in the long run.

Advice to help you with your current unbootable PC:
    Could you please go to another working PC, and create Partition Assistant WinPE USB tool, then boot to that USB, take a screenshot of your partitions, and post that here please.

On another working PC, you could also create any of these boot repair tools:  Hirens Boot PE, LazeSoft, Aomei WinPE Builder 2.0 (works with everything except internal NVMe disks). Inside of Hirens Boot PE is Easy BCD Edit utility, that can be useful to repair some boot issues.

Please reply, Rand, and let us know if the Admin's command line advice helped, thank you.