Home AOMEI Products Support

Clone Large To Small

I have a 1TB drive. This has Win10 on it. It also has 2 special partitions like Recovery. The rest of the drive is for Data. So about 80GB for Win10 the rest is for data say 900GB. So I want to clone that to a smaller drive that is 149GB. This is enough for my Win10 at 80GB. I HAVE SEEN SITES SHOWING I CAN DO THIS. https://www.ubackup.com/clone/clone-large-hdd-to-smaller-ssd-4348.html. This shows source disk is 1TB.  It shows 500GB drive for destination. This site look like from Aomei. It says clone large to small drive. I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW TO DO THIS. All is entered then it says drive too small.
I cannot go any further. I CANNOT CLONE. SO WHY.

Comments

• Hello Soulslice,
    Could you take a screenshot of your windows disk management so that we check the layout of your disks?
    You can press Win+R, and then run "Diskmgmt.mcs" to open Windows Disk Management.
  • Okay Soulslice I think I have finally figured out how to accomplish what you want to do.  First you would have to select Disk Clone instead of System Clone.  Next you would specify the source disk and then the destination disk.  As you can see in the attached illustration there is an option that you can click on that will permit you to edit the partitions.  Once you click on the Edit Partition option a window will appear that will allow you to manually edit the partitions.  Once you select the partition on the destination disk there will be a slider that you can move with your mouse that will resize the partition.  Once you get each partition the way that you want it then you would instruct Aomei Backupper to start the clone.  Since both the system clone and the disk clone will create a bootable system the disk clone with manual partition edits should allow you to clone a larger disk to a smaller disk.  If that doesn't work like you want then I am out of ideas.

• Soulslice, I just successfully cloned my 500 GB system disc (107 GB used space) to a 111.79 GB destination disc.  This should do what you want to do.