Home AOMEI Products Support

Back Upper Pro works fine for backups, but BIG problems with trying to RESTORE

I have written twice to AOMEI support but have got no answer for 3 days.Which is bad, when peole experience a big problem.

I am using the paid PRO version and use the backup which goes without error. But when I try to RESTORE the computer stops dead in its tracks. Gives an error : "Status 0x0000225. Boot selection failed to start because a required device is un-accessible". Makes no snse at all since all worked fine beofre AOMEI. I am using a fast Lenovo laptop, 8 GB of RAM, 128 GB SSD, Windows 7, SP2. Original Windows 7 Install disk did not get my computer working again. Hat to use a created emergency disk and finally got the computer back. But RESTORE did not work. Have tried it 2 times at different times. Both times a great problem as stated above.

Comments

• Please respond to above here or at my e-mail: [email protected]  (which for me would be better --- or do both. Thanks

• Hi Karolus,

About your problem, you can create a Win PE boot disk, you may use Aomei PE Builder to create the disk, please visit this site: http://www.aomeitech.com/pe-builder.html  

When you create the PE boot disk, please add the program BCDBOOT.EXE in your PE, you can download BCDBOOT.EXE on line. After you create the PE boot disk successfully, please boot into Win PE, then you can run bcdboot command to do a repair. 

• May I ask why you do not put all of the required files (like the BCDBOOT.EXE) into the boot disk to begin with? 

Personally, I have no idea how you can add a file to an already made disc.

• I think it's because this situation has been barely met. It is when you create the PE that you add the program. Not after theb disc is made.

• Will AOMEI backup made with Windows 8.1 work Restore in windows 10???