Home AOMEI Products Support

cannot boot laptop after cloning to ssd

GKLGKL
edited December 2014 in AOMEI Products Support

I am using the free version and trying to clon win 8.1 from hdd 160gb to a ssd 240gb.  The clonning process (quick process) is completed succesfuly but when I connect the destination ssd back to the laptop the operating system does not boot, why?

Comments

• I have this issue half of the time I use the clone feature. I haven't had the issue with the SSD, but with a normal HDD. Not sure what causes it, but I just reclone it and it works. It is annoying, however

• GKL,

There could be any number of reasons.  It could be a BIOS setting on your PC.  You may need to set the partition active.  From Aomei Partition Assistant, click on the boot partition on your new SSD (Windows 7 and 8 usually create a hidden partition that has the boot files that chain loads Windows from your C: drive partition).  Right click that partition, then choose Advanced.  From there choose Set Partition Active.  Tell it OK/Yes on any prompts, then hit the Apply button in the upper left corner of the window.  Again, hit OK/Yes on any prompts.  See if that corrects your boot issue.