Home AOMEI Products Support

Backerupper technition

i have just spent 12 hours doing a back up of my computer over night transfer speed is 177MBs to start went down to 22MBs transfer speed [is this what its supposed to do] from a 2TB hard disk with 1.3 TB data on to an ssd drive with plenty of room for the 1.3 TB image finished and i was left with an empty folder at the destination like no megabytes of data completly lost done a disk scan and repair still no back up folder empty Can somebody help/advise sorry about the spelling

Comments

• edited May 26
    Thank you Petro, I understand you used Backupper, but it had an empty folder in the destination. I have not heard of this error before. Please do the backup again, using exact-sector-by-sector setting.
    1) Which backup type? Disk, system, file/folder, clone?
    2) Which hard drive type HDD, SSHD, SSD 2.5", SSD M.2 SATA, SSD M.2 NVMe?
    3) Please post a screenshot of your disks from Backupper.
    4) Please upload the log file. C:\Program Files (x86)\Aomei\Aomei Backupper\<Version>\log
    Or:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Aomei\Aomei Backupper\<version>\log\reg.log
    "transfer speed is 177MBs"
    There are many factors that can contribute to the speed of a backup, or transfer. Such as the quality of the target disk. Some disks have a high read speed, and a low write speed, such as the Samsung Fit USB stick. Some SSDs actually have 2 disks inside, one that is small and fast, and a 2nd that is large but slow, such as the Kingston XS2000 disk; after this kind of disk has been in use for several minutes, it will switch to the 2nd slower disk on the inside, and the speed will slow. You may use Partition Assistant Disk Speed Test to see this for yourself visually.
    The USB 2,3,4 rating is only the ceiling speed that the disk can use, not the actual speed it will go at. The source port, cable, and target port must all match the 2,3,4 rating to achieve the ceiling.
    Backupper compression setting "None, Normal, High", will affect the backup speed.
    You could instead use Backupper USB, to backup your PC from outside of Windows.
    I have attached for you a screenshot of backing up 508MB/s consistently.

• Thanks for your replie Ill try secter by secter setting instead 1 back up type is system 2 hard drive is a noname usb 3.1 ssd I have sucessfully backed up the same size roughly 1.1 TB to it in a few hours 3 ill upload screenshot and log file soon i take onboard your comments about the transfer speeds id put this down to the noname ssd but as stated i was sucessfull on a back up of simular size so im a bit miffed
  • edited May 27
    "hard drive is a noname usb"
    Some no-name USB drives that have no brand are fake, they will advertise a large GB, but actually have a smaller disk inside, that is slow. It may be better to buy USB drives with a known brand. You could use Validrive utility to check your disk.
    Free tool not from Aomei:
    Validrive - Detect Fake USB Sticks
    https://www.grc.com/validrive.htm