Home AOMEI Products Support

Mouse not recognized in Live system

edited December 2014 in AOMEI Products Support

Hello!

Whenever I create a bootable USB with aomei backupper, my logitech m310 mouse and k520 keyboard (USB wireless combo) are not recognized. I have this behaviour in most live linux system as well, but only during boot time. Are there any parameters that can be given to the linux or pe boot medium? Or even better, any way to call the backupper from my installed linux system? Or install it to a linux partition and call it via grub? I really only use backupper for restoring windows... Using backupper version 2.1.0

Comments

• Martux,

Do you have this issue with the Windows PE boot medium and the Linux boot medium? 

• For Windows 7 64 bit I coud not use my mouse or keyboard in the Windows PE environment, and that was because my motherboard has an Intel chipset that supports USB 3.0.  I have an Intel series 8 chipset, so I dowloaded the drivers. and then added the drivers to the boot disk during creation of the disk.

http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/usb3/sb/CS-034342.htm

• BigD,

Most motherboards have a combination of USB 2 and 3 ports these days.  You can tell them apart because USB 3 has a blue plastic insert and USB 2 has a black one.  Also USB 3 has 6 pins inside the connector rather than the standard 4 of USB 2.  Try plugging your keyboard and mouse into USB 2 ports rather than 3 if you're unable to get a driver loaded into your PE.

• Hello! Thanks for the replies, I didn't get notified. BigD: Yes, I have the same combination here, but in w7_x64 setup mouse/keyboard works. I will just try to use a USB2.0 port next time, thanks!