Home AOMEI Products Support

AnyViewer on iPad times out trying to connect to a PC

I installed AnyViewer on my iPad Pro and attempted to connect it to my desktop Windows 11 PC. However, I keep getting a message titled "Tips" "Connection timed out". When I click ok, a message appears on my desktop indicating that my iPad has ended the remote session. I have tried both One-click control and connect using the desktop ID. No luck. What am I doing wrong?

JohnD
Tagged:

Comments

• edited April 21
    I got it to connect but when I attempt to bring up the keyboard, nothing happens. I have an external keyboard connected to it, but there is no response on the PC to what I key on the iPad's external keyboard.

JohnD
  • Thank you Johnpd, I understand you are using Anyviewer to connect an iPad and a PC, but it is not working yet. 
    1) Are you wanting to use the PC to view the iPad, or the iPad to control the PC?
    2) What version of iOS is on the iPad?
    3) Is Windows 11 fully updated, including optional & UEFI updates?
    4) Did you restart both devices after installing Anyviewer?
    5) On the iPad, did you try doing a Force Quit / Full Close of the Anyviewer app? Did you do a Force Quit / Full Close of all other apps?
    6) Are both devices using a reliable internet connection?
    7) Did you disable the VPN, if you have one?
    8) Did you log into Anyviewer with your account? While it is not required to create an account to use Anyviewer, it is helpful and unlocks some features.

If you have tried all of the steps above, and the issue persists, please reply with a screenshot of the error, but don't include any personal account details in the screenshot.

• 1) I want to use the iPad to view and control the PC.
    2) I have the latest iOS version on the iPad.
    3) This is a Lenovo mini workstation. Windows 11 is fully updated as far as Microsoft updates. I have not checked for Lenovo updates recently. I am having no other issues with it.
    4) Yes, it appeared that restarting fixed the initial connection problem.
    5) I did not do a force quit. I did do a close of it. I had nothing else running.
    6) Internet connection is solid. In fact any computer on my local network can access any other one. Also I can access any computer and my NAS drives from the iPad using a special app and transfer files between them.
    7) I do not use a VPN.
    8) Yes I had logged onto my account at one point.

I can bring up the PC screen no problem now. When I open an app (a text editor) on the PC using the iPad and attempted to key in data using the iPad's Magic Keyboard, nothing happens and no onscreen keyboard shows up on the iPad. I have attached a screen print of the AnyViewer settings that indicates that the mouse and keyboard are checked. The mouse pad on the iPad Magic Keyboard works fine. I can open and close apps on the PC with it. Somehow AnyViewer is not communicating with the keys on the keyboard.

JohnD

• Thank you for the reply with good info.
    "When I open an app (a text editor) on the PC using the iPad and attempted to key in data using the iPad's Magic Keyboard, nothing happens and no onscreen keyboard shows up on the iPad"
    Please reinstall Anyviewer on both devices.
  • @Johnpd, Could you check if you can use Magic Keyboard to manually type into the device ID of the computer to connect it?
  • You are attempting to connect to the PC and your iPad both using AnyViewer. Verify that both devices are connected to the same network by checking their network settings. To further assure compatibility, make sure AnyViewer is updated on both devices. GB Whatsapp
  • As I mentioned above, I have no issue connecting now. I can bring up my PC on the iPad using AnyViewer. The problem is that AnyViewer is not recognizing my iPad's Magic Keyboard nor is it giving me an onscreen keyboard to use making it useless. JohnD
  • @Johnpd, Could you check if you can use Magic Keyboard to manually type into the device ID of the computer on AnyViewer app on iPad?