Home AOMEI Products Support

Why does Backupper cause an Inaccessible Boot Device after a restart following installing it?

edited April 21 in AOMEI Products Support
I installed Backupper to test it out for syncing a network folder to dropbox.  It all was working fine until I restarted.  After restarting I get an Inaccessible Boot Device BSOD.

I am using Windows 11 on Parallels on a Mac M1 Air.

I am testing this before deploying to a PC with WIndows 10 installed.  Obviously I am wary of installing it to that PC if it will cause the same issue. What does the install do that would cause this to happen?  Does it alter the GPT or MBR? A system restore to the point before installing it fixes the Virtual PC but reinstalling the software causes the same thing to happen after a restart.

Comments

• Thank you, could you please reply with a screenshot from Partition Assistant, and of the BSOD error, thank you.
  • edited April 24
    @Peej, AOMEI Backupper currently doesn't support ARM. We will support it asap. You can refer to the following method to delete the drivers of AOMEI Backupper:
    1: Create a WinPE via a third-party PE tool (such as Rufus, ISOtoUSB and so on) on another working computer.
    Note: If you don’t know how to create a WinPE, you can download the Win10XPE_x64.iso we have prepared, and burn it to the USB drive. 
    2. Boot the blue screened computer from this WinPE USB. And then, press WIN + R and enter "regedit" to open the Registry Editor.
    3. Select "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" and click "File"-->"Load Hive".
    4: Select the file "C:\Windows\System32\config\SYSTEM".
    5: Set the "Key Name" to "Temp" and click "OK".
    6. Locate the following path and delete the three folders:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Temp\CurrentControlSet\services\ambakdrv
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Temp\CurrentControlSet\services\ammntdrv
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Temp\CurrentControlSet\services\amwrtdrv
    7. Locate the following path, and then select and rightclick "UpperFilters"-->Modify-->delete the "ambakdrv" value.
    8.  Select "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Temp" and click "File"-->"unload Hive".
    After that, please reboot the computer and check if you can boot into Windows. If okay, you can delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\AOMEI.