Home AOMEI Products Support

Backupper freezes the entire computer when backing up to NAS

It started showing up on version 7.x and I think after the last Windows 11 update. 
I did an update of Backupper to the current 7.3.4, but without success.
Every time a scheduled backup runs, after a while the whole PC freezes, I have to do a reset. The backup on the NAS is incomplete and corrupted. It doesn't matter when the backup starts, there is always a failure.
Any ideas?

Edition: Windows 11 Pro
Version: 23H2 (build 22631.3296)
Tagged:

Comments

• @Jarred, "Every time a scheduled backup runs, after a while the whole PC freezes, I have to do a reset. "----Did you also get the situation when you run the backup task manually? What backup is it? system backup? disk backup?
    Could you try to create a file backup and check if you will get the situation?
  • It's a system backup and it doesn't matter if it starts automatically or manually - it always freezes.
    There is error code 4209 in the log with note "Abnormal exit during backup/synchronization."

File backup works fine.

• edited April 9
    Here is another user from a 1 year ago with the same error code 4209. I don't know if this info will help.
    Please upload the log file C:\Program Files (x86)\AOMEI\AOMEI Backupper\<version>\log\reg.log.
    Disable unnecessary startup apps in Task Manager.
    Do all Windows updates, including optional updates, firmware updates.
    Please create a new Windows user, and see if the error happens there. Create a non-Microsoft local Windows user. This could help isolate if it is a Windows or Backupper problem.

• Unfortunately, there is no info in that topic that could help - just a description of his problem (defacto the same one I have). 

It is a workstation - nothing is installed there randomly. Aomei has been working there for many months, maybe years. The problems have only been going on since one of the last Windows updates. 

Here is the log file: https://filetransfer.io/data-package/9B5D5q6T#link
  • edited April 9
    "It is a workstation - nothing is installed there randomly"
    Thank you, Jarred, that makes sense. Have you checked your manufacturer website to confirm there are no UEFI motherboard updates available?
    Please create a new Windows user, and see if the error happens there. Create a non-Microsoft local Windows user. This could help isolate if it is a Windows or Backupper problem.
    Please reinstall BU.

• @Jarred, Please email the support team to check the issue further. Maybe our technician needs remote check the issue further.