Home AOMEI Products Support

Product Support

1. I am a new Pro subscriber and I have tried unsuccessfully to set up and execute a backup schedule.

I set one up per your user manual steps but it keeps getting reset to your defaults and no backup is created.

What am I doing wrong, how can I get it set up right?  

John Brandenburg

Comments

• Thank you John, please reply with screenshots of what you are doing, thank you.
    Tech Support
    [email protected]

• I followed each step/recommendation in your user manual a dozen times but each time the backup schedule ended up back at your defaults. I even reviewed and reset the options during the day, got same results.
  • I followed each step/recommendation in your user manual a dozen times but each time the backup schedule ended up back at your defaults. I even reviewed and reset the options during the day, with the same results.
  • I followed each step/recommendation in your user manual a dozen times but each time the backup schedule ended up back at your defaults. I even reviewed and reset the options during the day, with the same results.
  • Aomei's support sucks if this is the only way to contact you! I have sent emails to the addresses on your website but I never get a reply.
  • @JohnBrandenburg, Did you create a new backup task every time. When you create a new task, all options are default values. AOMEI Backupper currently doesn't support saving the schedule configuration for the next task.
    For the created backup task, you can check the schedule settings:  click the existing backup task on Home screen, then click the three-line button on the task, then click "Scheule" to check.

• I "think" I have it working but I'm still unsure what the settings should be. It appears that it backs up/saves all new files to the same backup folder. Is that correct?

• @JohnBrandenburg, When you create one backup task, it will be listed on Home Screen. After that, you can manually the task to continue to create backups or enable schedule backup to run automatically. It will create a new backup image version when the task run every time. And, all backup image versions will be saved to the same folder. When you want to do a restore, you can select any backup version to restore, so it will restore data to the status when you create the backup.
  • Your scheduled backup will not delete/remove backups per the number of requested backups to keep.
    It just keeps failing due to not enough storage! I have never received an email from AOMEI for any reason, is that not working either?

Your company sure has a lot of issues recorded in your forum, is your software that bad?
  • Hello anyone at home at AOMEI?? Do you ever respond to your customer's postings?
  • @JohnBrandenburg, Did you enable the backup cleanup plan? Please provide the following information via email so that we check the issue:
    1. please take a screenshot of your backup scheme settings.
    2. please also take screenshots of backup versions in the destination.
    3. Please also check the Properties of the task, and take screenshots of Versions.
  • How do I take a screenshot? When I try to capture a screen to imbed in Paint or Word, your system won't let me!
    Yes, I have enabled the backup cleanup several times but your system doesn't do anything no matter what quantity I set!
  • Sorry, I must have had a brain fart. I have attached 4 screenshots. Looking forward to your reply.
    PS: I still have never received an email, or text anything to let me know I have a message/response for AOMEI!
  • What is the SYSTEM  BACKUP21 file dated March 26 used for? If not needed can I delete it from my backup drive?
    Please let me know ASAP
  • @JohnBrandenburg, According to your screenshots, it seems that some old backups have been deleted. Did you delete them manually? As for SYSTEM  BACKUP21 file, if you don't need to retain the initial backup, you can manually delete it.
  • Yes, I manually deleted several older backup files since AOMEI backup won't do it. If I didn't delete them I'd run out of disk space! When are you going to fix Backupper so it removes/deletes excess backup?
  • @JohnBrandenburg, Because you manually delete some old backup versions, we can't confirm the previous version type. So, we currently can't check the issue further.
    Please try to delete all backup versions, and then close backup cleanup plan under settings of the task, click "OK" to save. And then, please re-enable the backup cleanup plan.
    After that, please continue to check if it will work. If you get the issue again, please don't manually delete backup versions and modify any settings, then contact us to check the issue again.