Home AOMEI Products Support

Basic Sync Disk Full Options

Hi, I am considering Backupper for a Geovison surveillance camera application.  This server has 27 cameras and the software creates 27 folders, one for each camera. It then has subfolders in each of those for each calendar day. The video files are stored as event files in each calendar day folder. The server uses four 4TB drives and I was hoping to create a backup of the data in those drives to a NAS, but wanted to keep more of the older event files that the server software would delete as it runs out of drive space.  I was hoping the sync backup config could be setup to auto delete the oldest files once the backup destination fills up?  Please advise if this sounds feasible.

Comments

• @Sfsouter, Did you use Sync or Backup feature?
    1. Sync feature will copy the source folders to the destination, so you can directly access the content in the destination. After that, you can run the sync task again to sync changed, added data. But, it can't save the history versions of files.
    2. Backup feature will back up data to generate an image file. When you want to use data, you need to run software to restore the backup image file. You can set incremental or differential backup to back up changed data afterward. It will create a backup image file when you run then backup every time. So, you can restore the old backup files from an old backup image version. And, you can set backup cleanup plan to delete old backup image versions regularly.
  • Thank you Sfsouter. Please reply with screenshots of this issue, so we can assist you further.