Home AOMEI Products Support

Difficulty restoring

I have used disc backup to backup several discs at one time to an external drive.  No error messages.  A backup file appears on the external drive.  When I select the backup file "disk backup (112) to initiate restore I get a message "Unable to get backup information because the image file does not exist or it cannot be assessed..."   If I use the "select image file" choice I see the backup disk listed [Disk backup(112)], I can click on it and see a "disk backup (112).adi" listing. But I can get no further. 

If I use the edit backup feature I see that the backup file on  the external drive has the letter J:  whereas in Windows Explorer the external drive now has a different letter.  Is it that the program is looking for a backup file with J: and cannot find it?  

I have seen similar problems listed in the forum but no solutions.

Suggestions?

Thank you
ASAXE

Comments

• @Asaxe, " If I use the "select image file" choice I see the backup disk listed [Disk backup(112)], I can click on it and see a "disk backup (112).adi" listing. But I can get no further. "---Did you mean that the backup can't be loaded on the software when you manually select "disk backup (112).adi"?  "disk backup (112).adi" is a full backup? or incremental backup? Could you try to manually select the previous backup version and check if it will work?
  • Thank you Asaxe. Please reply with screenshots of this issue, so we can assist you further.