Home AOMEI Products Support

Free Version: after backup on ext. SSD: backup and SSD invisible because has no letter anymore (S:)

Hi,
after backup partition on my  ext. SSD: backup and SSD is invisible because SSD has no letter anymore like (S:)
What is the problem and the solution?
Aomei free tells: it cant see image. So I cant do nothing!
I am in big trouble now!
Help!
Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• edited February 27
    To add, remove, or change a drive letter, you may use Disk Management, or Partition Assistant. If you are advanced, you could use Diskpart.
    If these do not solve your issue, please reply with a screenshot from PA.

• Hi AiArtisan, thanks: What is PA? I am afraid: if I add a drive letter in disk management, my hdd will be formatted and I will loose the data. In Aomai-protocoll there are two backups on drive, and the last failed. The first was ok. is this the reason why? Whats yout time Zone? China? Here is germany.
  • edited February 28
    Adding a drive letter does not affect the data.
    Formatting a partition will erase all data on that partition. Do not format a partition.
    Formatting is not the same as adding a drive letter.
    "I am afraid"
    Please install Partition Assistant (PA), and give us a screenshot of that, thank you.
    "Here is germany."
    Please create a new forum post in your native German language, and someone will help you in that language, thank you.
    Aomei Free Downloads
    https://www.aomeitech.com/download.html
    Uninstall free version to get 50% off Paid Version. Please do not use PA-PreOS Mode.

• It seems like the backup process has completed successfully on the external SSD, but there's a hiccup - the SSD is no longer assigned a drive letter (S:). It's crucial to reassign the letter to access the backup files seamlessly.PM kisan status
  • Thanks! I tried to add the known drive letters with disk part, but it seems to be impossible to add drive letters with diskpart, cause diskpart cant see se external drive clear. Maybe its a trojan or malware on the PC. This is what malwareBytes says. What I did before the problems occured: I built me new PC and then tried to transport from my external Aomei-backup my data backup to the new PC-SSD (2 new ssds inside: one OS, one Data) and this failed, "because of to little space". This blocked the backup procedure and the only way to get out of this mess, was to get this problem on external ssd.
  • I have WIN 10 "Partition Assistant 10.3 free "is not working
  • edited March 2
    Please give a screenshot photo.
  • edited March 7
    Screenshot with snipping tool...mh... ok, its in .png, ok? 
    ...but I cant insert it here from desktop

How to Attach the screenshot here? .img or .png...?
    Always Note: "Unknown column 'Active' in 'field list'
    ?

• Unknown column 'Active' in 'field list'
  • "Unknown column 'Active' in 'field list'"
    Yes Nick, there are several glitches in the Forums. I have already reported the glitches to Aomei. Just refresh the page to fix the glitch.

• Solved my problem with "TestDisk" and the helpful german tutorial on youTube named: Defekte Festplatte HDD, SSD, NVMe reparieren oder Daten retten - YouTube
    Was able to give one (of two) drive letter back with Testdisk and am running the recovery now.
    Thanks.