Home AOMEI Products Support

Cannot boot into recovery using AOMEI Backupper Professional Edition 7.3.3

AOMEI Backupper Professional Edition 7.3.3 issue. Cannot boot into recovery. 
Just purchased on Thursday and also created the image file. Using Windows 10 64bit  22H2.
PC is a HP Z240 Small Form Factor Workstation.

I restart and see HP “Protected by HP Sure Smart”.  The next screen is the choice of “Windows 10” or “Enter into AOMEI Backupper”
I choose “Enter into AOMEI Backupper”. You see "Loading files". Next it will just loop back to options above.

If I am in Windows and restart Windows by holding down the “Shift” key while clicking on the Restart option, I will get to the Windows recovery screen.

I choose “Troubleshoot” then “Enter into AOMEI Backupper”.
It will go back to options of booting “Windows 10” or “Enter into AOMEI Backupper”

Comments

• UPDATE:  I can boot to the AOMEI Backupper screen once I press ESC when prompted as described below using the USB Bootable Media created from Tools> in the AOMEI screen.

I went into the BIOS (F10) and then Advanced> Security> Restore Security Settings to Factory Defaults
    I now on a reboot see in the lower left corner "Press the ESC key for Startup Menu"

Under Advanced> Configure Legacy Support and Secure Boot> Legacy Support Enabled and Secure Boot Disabled (default)
    This shows the boot menu when I press F9
    If Legacy Support Enabled and Secure Boot Enabled then nothing shows up.

I still am in a loop as described in earlier top post.

At least I can boot into the AOMEI Backupper screen using the usb Boot Media.
  • edited February 3
    UPDATE again:  this is what I have in the winpeshl.ini  file:

[LaunchApps]
    "%systemdrive%\Program Files\AomeiBackupper\PeLoadDrv.exe"
    "%systemdrive%\Program Files\AomeiBackupper\Backupper.exe"

I see a problem as AOMEI folder is in the [B]Program Files (x86)[/B] folder.
    It is not listed in the Program Files folder......  <--
  • I uninstalled AOMEI and reinstalled to Program Files folder. I created  a new usb Bootable Media drive. I did new Recovery Environment and I can use the usb to start up into AOMEI screen but with it not inserted the same issue as before.
    The screen is the choice of “Windows 10” or “Enter into AOMEI Backupper”
    I choose “Enter into AOMEI Backupper”. You see "Loading files". Next it will just loop back to options above.

[LaunchApps]
    "%systemdrive%\Program Files\AomeiBackupper\PeLoadDrv.exe"
    "%systemdrive%\Program Files\AomeiBackupper\Backupper.exe"

If I am in Windows and restart Windows by holding down the “Shift” key while clicking on the Restart option, I will get to the Windows recovery screen.

I choose “Troubleshoot” then “Enter into AOMEI Backupper”.
    It will go back to options of booting “Windows 10” or “Enter into AOMEI Backupper”

• If Aomei Recovery Environment Integration is not booting, then instead use one of the 2 USB creation tools.
    Backupper WinPE USB:
    Add custom drivers, such as NVMe, if necessary. Does not work with some monitors.
    https://www.ubackup.com/help/create-bootable-disk.html

Aomei WinPE Builder USB:
    Best for PCs from or before 2019, includes Partition Assistant, Backupper, Recuva, 7zip, OSF Mount, CPU-Z, Bootice, DiskMgmt.msc. Supports x64 portable apps. Does not support any additional drivers, such as some internal M.2 NVMe disks.
    https://www.ubackup.com/pe-builder.html

• F11 will loop back to the Windows Boot Loader screen. I see a choice of “Windows 10” or “Enter into AOMEI Backupper” I choose “Enter into AOMEI Backupper”. You see "Loading files". Next it will just loop back to those options again.
  • edited February 5
    "I choose “Enter into AOMEI Backupper”. Next it will just loop back"
    If Aomei Recovery Environment Integration is not booting, then instead use one of the 2 USB creation tools.

• I paid money to have it work as described at their website.
  • Sorta fixed.... new issue now.

I decided to format the hard drive and install Windows 10 from a usb drive. I installed AOMEI but it would not accept my registration....!
    I am getting the message below:
    "Registration failed. The license code has exceed the maximum number allowed devices, please buy a new license code to register. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected] for help."

I can now restart the pc and choose “Enter into AOMEI Backupper” and get to the AOMEI screen to say restore an image but of course it has to be registered!!!

At least the ability to boot into AOMEI is now working!!    :):smile:

So I figured it was HP as they have a hidden partition with Windows 10 on it that installed when I first started the pc up that was the problem.

I am contacting [email protected] for help in the registration.

• edited February 9
    I am now registered...  :D
    I had to go here and do the steps: https://www.aomeitech.com/get-offline-key.html

I can restart the pc and do a Restore now.
    The post can be noted as solved.