Home Storage General Discussion

Can I use AOMEI Partition Assistant fix error: BOOTMGR MISSING Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to continue

I have a PC (Win7 - 32bitA) that won't boot; the error message says "BOOTMGR missing, Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to continue" and of course, like all evil computer things, when the Operating System has decided it is going to screw you, its "helpful" instruction is just some Microsoft coder on weed, laughing his ass off at you because CTRL+ALT=DEL does NOTHING, except give you a few moments of hope and then dashes that hope to the ground as you sit there pressing it again and again to no avail! Google searches for a fix all rely on some other repair software on a disc or thumb-drive that I don't have.

The question is, can Partition Assistant fix this problem if the drive won't boot? 

Comments

• edited February 2
    Hello, Cinema, can't believe that you are experiencing such an error, that is bad.
    I don't know if PA can repair this issue. Can you confirm you are using a 32-bit CPU? Those are rarely used today, even Ubuntu announced they discontinued support for 32-bit years ago.
    There is a modern utility that could solve this Bootmgr issue. Lazesoft is an aggressive Windows boot repair utility that has been out for about 15 years. It is designed for both Legacy-BIOS Windows XP/Vista/7 like yours, and also for the modern UEFI-nonCSM Windows 11 PCs.
    Before using this tool, you must completely backup your disk with a clone or backup tool, such as Aomei BU, PA, using exact-sector-by-sector setting. Turn power off. Disconnect original disk power/data cable or port.
    Then, you may attempt repairs on the clone disk.
    Aomei WinPE Builder USB:
    Best for PCs from or before 2019, includes x32 CPU support. Includes Partition Assistant, Backupper, Recuva, 7zip, OSF Mount, CPU-Z, Bootice, DiskMgmt.msc. Supports x64 portable apps. Does not support any additional drivers, such as some internal NVMe disks.
    https://www.ubackup.com/pe-builder.html
    Free tool not from Aomei:
    LazeSoft - Aggressive Windows boot repair
    https://www.lazesoft.com