Home AOMEI Products Support

Backupper 7.3.3 crashing windows and failing restore

Hi,

So I am trying to clone a hard drive M.2 that my PC is running currently to a new M.2 that is larger however AOMEI either fails with a Error 6 or 34 or windows crashes, this can happen at any time in the process.

I have also created an image of the HD and tried to restore from that image several times however I have the same outcome.
The source HD is running win10, is NTFS Bitlocker Encrypted.

Anyone help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• edited January 25
    For this situation it is best to use PA > Exact-Sector-By-Sector setting, because it will clone the partition table MBR / GPT, but BU will not be as exact.
    Aomei products officially support BL BitLocker encryption, that will work.
    Before doing any disk operations of any kind on a Bitlocker volume, you must print the BL Recovery Key onto paper. Every year, many people perform a disk operation, such as regular Windows Update, or any disk software, and in rare cases, Bitlocker will lock itself, and the data is lost forever.
  • @Mike2153, Please try to delete all partitions on the target disk, and then do the clone again with the "sector-by-sector clone" way. If it still can't work, please contact the support team([email protected]) via email and offer the log folder under the installation directory of AOMEI Backupper to analyze.
  • SO I tried sector by sector and that worked. I think the problem may have been when I first tried to clone, retore from image etc the new destination drive was plugged into my Lenovo dock. I tried it again but this time plugged the destination drive directly into the USB C port on the PC.

Thanks for the advice