Home AOMEI Products Support

Error trying to merge images

I lost a HDD and am trying to restore my AOMEI backups to the new drive. I have a Full backup plus several dozen Incrementals. I read that I need to merge the images in order to restore the entire backup, but when I do this, I get the following error:

Assertion failed!

File: .\FlbFileRegion.cpp

line 73,

expression: 0==(pEnt->cbEnt%DEFAULT_ENTRY_SIZE

Please help. I need these backup restored ASAP.

Comments

• @V0rtex2002, You don't need to merge imaged. You only need to select the latest backup version to restore. It will restore to the status when you create the backup version.
  • edited January 19
    That only restored part of the files. Also, it throws the same error as above, but I clicked "Ignore" as either of the other two options crashes the app. I see a similar post with this exact same C++ error from several years ago, and AOMEI's response then was a similarly dismissive "workaround". Why not instead actually work to fix your bug?
  • @V0rtex2002, Did you get the error when you click the "merge" button? or when the merge process starts?
    And, did you mean that you get the same error when you do restore? It can continue to restore when you click "ignore"?