Home AOMEI Products Support

Can't move or mergen partitions

I bought a larger drive and started cloning the old one on the new disk with a docking station. Unfortunately the free space wasn't next to C so I bought your product to move it closer to C. I made a partition F of the free space but still I can't move it next to C, also I can't even mergen them.  What can I do in my satiuation to add the space from F to C?

Comments

• When you are posting a question with a screenshot, please always post everything in the same language, you can choose any language, but it should be the same. It helps people to answer your questions.

• sorry I had a problem with finding the lang settings 

• Thank you Dariusz, I see your F Partition is 99% free. Can you confirm  If your F Partition is the area you want to use as empty space, please first confirm there are no files in that partition, use the Windows File Explorer. Then you could use PA to delete the F Partition. Then it will say Unallocated empty space. Then you can move any other partition you want to.
  • It was a Unallocated space before I created the F partition. I also couldn't move it. Now I can't delete the F partition. Maybe something went wrong during the cloning proces to the new drive.
  • edited January 4
    "I can't delete the F partition."
    There are many ways to delete a partition. Have you tried deleting it in Partition Assistant? Does it not let you? Reply with a screenshot of that.
    You could delete it in Windows > Disk Management, but be careful, that app has no safety net, once you click delete, its gone.
    Cmd > Diskpart > list disk > select disk # > list partition > select partition # > delete partition.
    In rare cases, you may have to instead type this different command.
    delete partition override
    When you don't know how to do something, please ask 'how do I do that'.

• Can't delete it using disk management and can't delete using cmd. I get an error "Virtual Disk Service error:
    Deleting is not allowed for the current boot, system, paging, crash dump or hibernation."
  • edited January 5
    Thank you for trying the several methods, Dariusz. Please instead try the Aomei WinPE version. Then you could try to delete the partition using PA, Diskmgmt.msc, or Diskpart methods.
    PA says that the F Partition has 8GB of used space in it. Have you confirmed you are ready to delete these files?

Partition Assistant WinPE USB:
    Add custom drivers, such as NVMe, if necessary.
    https://www.diskpart.com/help/make-bootable-cd-wizard.html

Aomei WinPE Builder USB:
    Partition Assistant, Backupper, Recuva, 7zip, OSF Mount, CPU-Z, Bootice, DiskMgmt.msc. Does not support any additional drivers, such as some internal NVMe disks.
    https://www.ubackup.com/pe-builder.html

Free tool not from Aomei:
    Hirens Boot PE - live USB tool suite
    https://www.hirensbootcd.org
    160 utilities, old BU 6.5.1, PA 9.2.1. Put custom drivers, such as NVMe drivers, into the “CustomDrivers” folder. Hirens is not recommended in combination with Ventoy USB.