Home AOMEI Products Support

AM Backupper Pro internal data have disappeared. How to get them back?

AM Backupper Pro 7.1.2 / Win10 has lost/disappeared all internal data (tasks, logs, etc). The images are still available on my NAS. How can I restore them? ...by exploring an image and copying (which?) files back to my Backupper directory on the computer.

THX
Yogi

Comments

• edited January 2
    Yogi, thank you for your question. Please upgrade to BU 7.3.3. Then you can restore your images, using the Restore button.
    Backupper Pro Edition
    Keeps license activated when updating Pro version
    https://www.ubackup.com/changelog.html
    Backupper Manual
    Backupper How To Guides
    https://www.ubackup.com/help/

• AIArtisan, THX for your fast reply.
    I upgraded to 7.3.3; but the internal data are still missing.
    I do not want to restore the whole partition but only the old Backupper environment. Will it be possible to restore the old AM internal data by exploring the image and copying (which?) files back to my Backupper directory on the computer. In which files the old internal task-, log-data are stored.

THX in advance
    Yogi

• edited January 3
    "I upgraded to 7.3.3; but the internal data are still missing."
    Upgrading your version does not restore the task or log data.
    "I do not want to restore the whole partition but only the old Backupper environment."
    I know a way to do that, but it would take a very long time.
    "the old AM internal data by exploring the image and copying (which?) files back to my Backupper directory on the computer. In which files the old internal task-, log-data are stored."
    You can export your task schedules before they are missing, but if you wait until they are already missing, then you can't export it.
    Yes, you can copy the log file.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\AOMEI\AOMEI Backupper\7.3.3
    Tech Support
    [email protected]

• "I upgraded to 7.3.3; but the internal data are still missing."
    Upgrading your version does not restore the task or log data.

I did expect that, but it was a cheap quickfix

"I do not want to restore the whole partition but only the old Backupper environment."
    I know a way to do that, but it would take a very long time.

any recommendations?

"the old AM internal data by exploring the image and copying (which?) files back to my Backupper directory on the computer. In which files the old internal task-, log-data are stored."
    You can export your task schedules before they are missing, but if you wait until they are already missing, then you can't export it.

How can I do that? via a config export of the old restored 7.1.2 installation.
    Or do you have other recommendations

Yes, you can copy the log file.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\AOMEI\AOMEI Backupper\7.3.3

do I have to copy all files of the complete 7.1.2 directory to 7.3.3 or which specific files?

THX
    Yogi
  • The log file is a file, not a folder.
    If you want an easy way to fix this, you could simply recreate your tasks.
  • @Yogi, You can import your tasks via loading backup image files. Please refer to: https://www.ubackup.com/help/import.html