Home Suggestions and Feedbacks

Can we have exFAT Mounting Support?

Surely this isn't difficult to implement? Macrium Reflect since 2021 has had this supported, also it doesn't need to do sector-by-sector backups which helps with file sizes. It's the only reason why I still use Macrium Reflect, because it supports exFAT Mounting. Other than that Backupper is easier to use overall.

I could resort to File Backups using Backupper when trying to Backup exFAT Drives to allow proper Mounting but that is somewhat slow.

Comments

• Backupper Pro > backup 100GB ExFAT partition on GPT disk > intelligent sector setting. Partition empty, no files.

Produced a 400MB image file. BU intelligent-sector setting works well.
    If your BU intelligent-sector setting is not working, please post a before and after screenshot.
  • Can you even mount that and explore it via Windows' Explorer?
  • edited January 4
    Thank you Dfg555, I tested this, as you asked, and you were right, there were 2 major problems with BU.
    Created 100GB ExFAT partition on GPT disk, put 6 disk utilities inside.
    BU > backup partition intelligent sector setting > check image integrity successfully > explore image > file explorer N: drive unreadable error.
    BU > backup partition exact-sector-by-sector setting > check image integrity successfully > explore image > file explorer N: drive unreadable error.

1) BU partition image fails to be explored.
    2) BU partition backup with exact-sector-by-sector setting fails to backup empty space, as it is supposed to do. That is a major problem because if someone is doing data recovery, when they turn on exact-sector-by-sector setting, they will want to save all sectors, in case there is deleted information in the empty space.
    Aomei Admin, can you please forward these 2 major problems to your Development Team? Thank You Aomei.

On the positive side, Dfg555, when I restored the partition image to an empty disk space, it correctly restored the partition, and all the 6 disk utililties you see in the photo were intact, and I successfully used them again.
    Dfg555, you have a knack for finding problems. What other problems can you find and report about software? Thanks for making the world a better place.
  • Thanks for testing. I've run into other issues but they were externally related which caused Backupper issues - bad cable, bad drive, etc.

I am hoping Backupper will be able to Explore exFAT Mounted Images as Macrium Reflect can do this since 2021 as mentioned.