Home AOMEI Products Support

Backupper can not exec on PE Builder

edited December 2014 in AOMEI Products Support

I install win7 32bit and 64bit PE using PE Builder, boot to PE Desktop and start any embedded program ok except "Backupper". It always show "0xc000001d" error message when double click "Backupper" icon on Desktop.

Are there any idea about this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Pigsign,

Do you have a problem running Backupper on your computer when you boot from your hard drive rather than the PE disc?

• Darylsonnier,

Backupper running no problem when booting from hard drive.

Sorry, forgot to said, I booting PE on "Linux KVM Virtual Machine".

Thank you.

• Pigsign,

I apologize for the tardiness of my reply.  I've been away for a while.  The fact that you're running in a virtual machine is likely the issue.  Please ensure that the virtual machine is configured properly.  You have to choose chipset and CPU options.  If the VM has instruction type settings (MIPS, x86 or x64 CISC, RISC, ARM, etc.) be sure that they match the PE which will be x86 or x64 CISC (basically Intel compatible). 

• Darylsonnier,

I comfirm my VM enviroment is based on x64 CISC. And Partition Assistant works well on that.

Thanks for your kindly reply.

• If the VM has instruction type settings

Fut coins

• Pigsign,

Admitteldly I'm not all that familiar with KVM.  The VM software that I typically use is Virtualbox running on a Windows host or VMWare running on a windows host or on its own ESX Linux host.  I've never used KVM, but I know it's a type 1 hypervisor as opposed to the type 2 hypervisors I'm familiar with running.  I'd recommend looking into KVM support as much as Aomei to troubleshoot this issue.