Home AOMEI Products Support

Deployment Issue

I am running into a new issue imaging and deploying these new dell latitude 3540's. Currently its only working on about half of them so far. I create the WinPE file boot the pxe server, the client computers respond but then on the next screen half of them do this:
Unable to load X:\AmDriver\oem103.inf\netvwifibus.inf   error code: 0xe000022f

And then the aomei screen loads and I get: The computer has already been prepared by the server
Local IP: "192.168.xx.x"
Server IP: None
Connection Status: None

Computer specs are the same on all as they are the same computer, I'm using the same WinPE file for all. But only half connect and deploy and then I get the above on the other half. Not sure why it isn't working. They are all plugged into the same switch as well. I've used both manual and automatic driver creation and adding as well. 

Comments

• edited December 2023
    Hello thank you for this question Alex. I understand half of your client PCs work with BU PXE, and the other half crash. I do not have experience with the Server versions and PXE, but here are some things that could help you.
    Please confirm your server and clients are using the newest BU version 7.3.3, as of this writing.
    "They are all plugged into the same switch"
    Please power cycle all the switches and routers connected to the problem clients. Power cycle the clients as well.
    "Computer specs are the same on all as they are the same computer"
    Please update the UEFI/BIOS on the clients, they are the same hardware, but may have a different firmware version.
    Backupper is powerful software that can help you with PXE utilities. After you diagnose and solve this problem, you could also try iVentoy, a software that does similar PXE solutions.
    Please reply with more info about your problem clients:
    1) Which motherboard mode Legacy-BIOS, UEFI-CSM, UEFI-nonCSM?
    2) What PC brand, year, model #, desktop or laptop?
    3) HDD, SSD 2.5", SSD M.2 SATA, SSD M.2 NVMe?
    4) Hard Drive partition table MBR or GPT?
    5) Aomei product tier Standard, Pro, Other? Version?
    6) Windows version 10, 11, Home, Pro, Enterprise?
    7) Please post a screenshot of your issue, and also of Diskpart > lis dis > sel dis # > lis par > lis vol > det dis
    Thank you.
    Tech Support & license reset
    [email protected]

Free tools not from Aomei:
    iVentoy - PXE Netboot Solution
    https://www.iventoy.com/en/screenshot.html
    Boot & install OS through network on multiple PCs simultaneously
    Clonezilla - PXE utility
    https://clonezilla.org/livepxe.php

• When I meant they are all the same I mean exactly the same. All have base windows 11, same UEFI bios versions. Both using the BU 7.3.3 version. All clients and the switches have been power cycled. I have manually added the drivers instead of letting it automatically do it. 

MOBO: UEFI
    Dell latitude 3540, 2023
    SSD 2.NVME - RAID setting on in BIOS
    Technician version - unlimited PC's 
    Windows 11 Standard
    Can't post screenshot as its happening on client computers - but its the screen I stated above It's the Aomei Status Screen 
    Winpedit screen shows Unable to load X:\AmDriver\oem103.inf\netvwifibus.inf   error code: 0xe000022f
    The computer has already been prepared by the server
    Local IP: "192.168.15.209"
    Server IP: None
    Connection Status: None
  • edited December 2023
    "same UEFI bios versions"
    Did you check today on the Dell website for your model # to confirm there is no newer UEFI update to download? Does the website have a newer driver than the one you are using?
    "I've used both manual and automatic driver creation and adding as well."
    I don't know why some identical PCs will work, while another not. For troubleshooting driver issues in BU, I have successfully done that in BU WinPE USB. We are using different BU versions, but it may solve your issue to try to use less drivers, only essential drivers in your PXE WinPE. I have installed several drivers, manual and automatic, and then some do not work, but if I reduce to only essential drivers, then they work. For testing, please create a new PXE WinPE with only the problem netvwifibus.INF, to see if it works alone, or with less other drivers.
    If you are currently only connecting to clients with WiFi, please try Ethernet.

• Yes I did check the Dell website. All the client computers are hardwired in. It's almost like some are coming with a network driver and others are not. I'm using a usb on the ones that won't pxe image but its super time consuming. Also I am running into a new issue where after USB booting them it won't let me change the PC name until I unjoin the domain with new PC name, reboot, and then it will let me and then I have to rejoin the domain and reboot again. Is there a way to change the PC name via reboot? I'm not seeing it I only see that option in PXE boot unless I am missing something. 
  • edited December 2023
    If you are using Ethernet, then you do not need a WiFi driver during WinPE creation.
    If you are having an unrelated domain issue, please create a new forum post, and contact Aomei Support.
    Tech Support
    [email protected]