Home AOMEI Products Support

Backupper Pro restore error 208

Hello All,
I created a backup of my Microsoft Surface Pro Gen-5 using latest Backupper Pro and when I tried to restore it, the system crashed and now Surface Pro will not boot.

I used the Partition Assistant Pro to delete all C: Partitions and created and formatted new partition.

Then ran Backupper Pro and selected a partition source and destination

It runs for 3 min and gives error 208. 

Please let me know what I am doing wrong?

When I created the new partition it made it as GPT, could this be the problem?

Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Comments

• edited December 2023
    Hello Mansoor, thank you for posting this issue, and the several screenshots, we can see this is a serious issue. I can see 2 separate problems.
    "error 208"
    1) partition restore results in error 208, please run Chkdsk to confirm there are no hardware errors.
    Cmd > chkdsk /r
    "select the destination for the partition image"
    2) When using Backupper to restore, the normal operation is to restore disk backup, or system backup; it is rare to restore only the C partition. What type of backup did you originally create?
    Please do a surface check on your hard drive with chkdsk, or PA, then do a memory diagnostic on your RAM with
    Start > memory diagnostic
    Please then instead do a disk restore, or system restore; this will erase all partitions on the target disk.
    If that does not work, please erase the partition table of target disk with:
    Cmd > Diskpart > lis dis > sel dis # > cle > con gpt
    Then try again.
  • If that does not work, please post a screenshot of
    Cmd > Diskpart > lis dis > sel dis # > det dis > lis par > lis vol
  • @Mansoorhussain, Please try to restore the entire disk, then check again.