Home AOMEI Products Support

Command Line hangs, only black screen shown

Hi folks,
we have Windows 10 machines, with german localization. If I try to start the PartAssist.exe from an admin command line, there is no output shown, just an empty (black) command line window with a blinking cursor. After pressing enter or Ctrl+C I get my prompt back.

Is this issue known? Partition Assistant 10.2.1 Professional, Demo Edition.
Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• edited December 2023
    You might need to buy the Pro version to use this feature, I don't know.
    Partition Assistant WinPE USB:
    Add custom drivers, such as NVMe, if necessary.
    Aomei WinPE Builder USB:
    Partition Assistant, Backupper, Recuva, 7zip, OSF Mount, CPU-Z, Bootice, DiskMgmt.msc. Does not support any additional drivers, such as some internal NVMe disks.
    General Help
    Tech Support
    [email protected]

• Hi,
    I would gladly buy a license - but first I must check if this feature works at all.
    I am testing now a PRO Demo version.

Currently the tests are not satisfying.

We have tested another software, and it failed. So we are cautious in this case.
    This is a kind of "learning by doing".

The WinPE boot is not a real good option, we still want to plug in / out any USB-Sticks, as the partitioning will happen in 10 blocks, then we change the 10 USBs and do again, and again. Until 3000-4000 Sticks.

Thanks,
    Gabor
  • @Gszat, What operations do you want to achieve via AOMEI Partition Assistant? The demo edition can't support demo command feature.
  • Hi,
    I have also tried the Standard Edition - here the functions should be not blocked. Same problem!
    (And worth to mention, that the Standard Edition has also a command line support!)

It seems, that the PartAssist is crashing. At the first try this window is shown:

AOMEI Partition Assistant has encountered an unknown error and we are so sorry for the inconvenience. A folder named "log" and a file called "Crash2.dmp" has been generated in its installation directory. We hope that you could send error report to [email protected] to help us improve.

Unfortunately there is no CrashDump, only the Logs - but they do not contain any hints.

Thanks,
    Gabor
  • @Gszat, What operation do you perform via command? Could you do it via GUI if AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard?
  • Hi,
    just did a quick try with ProcDump and the analysis is referring to ucrtbase error with error of access violation.

ExceptionAddress: 77aacdac (ucrtbase!_fputwc_nolock+0x000000fc)

ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)

IMAGE_NAME:  ucrtbase.dll

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  INVALID_POINTER_WRITE_80000003_ucrtbase.dll!_fputwc_nolock

Regards,
    Gabor
  • Hi,
    yes, the operation can be done with the GUI.

I have a USB stick, where I need to shrink the FAT32 partition to 100MB.
    However I dont even come to this step with the command line, because the LIST command already hangs.

Best regards,
    Gabor
  • Hi,
    we gave up. Troubleshooting is stopped - we will search for another solution.

As always a bit thank You for all who helped us above.

Best regards,
    Gabor
  • @Gszat, Could you take a video of the process when you use the command so that we check the issue further?