Home AOMEI Products Support

Icon in system tray disappeared

I've been using the standard version of AOMEI for years and am very happy with it.  The last time it tried to update, however, it failed (which doesn't matter to me - I'm happy with the way it works now).  Perhaps unrelated (or not) I recently noticed that the icon in my system tray disappeared.  I found that icon very helpful because if I was working on my machine and it suddenly slowed down, I could tell by looking at the icon if the backup or sync had automatically started.

I have my Windows 10 set to always show all icons.  I do NOT have the check in the field "Don't show tray icon next time." (and as far as I know I've never checked that).

I've tried running it as administrator and that doesn't seem to help - still no icon. 

Any advice on what to try next?

Comments

• edited December 2023
    Reinstall  application, and click on Windows Taskbar settings, show all icons. If that does not fix, please reply with a screenshot.
  • @Cjrhoads, Please run a backup. When the backup process starts, then you can close the interface of program to check it will be a tray.
  • Thanks so much for responding.

I did run the backup and closed the interface of the program, and the icon did appear in the tray.  But then it disappeared.  Perhaps it only appears when the backup is actually running.
    I'll check when my backup runs tonight.  If it doesn't work, I'll reinstall the applications.
    If I reinstall the application, will my current settings get reset?  I spent a lot of time setting up the backup schedule for exactly what I need and have 7 different settings which would take quite a while to restore.

• Alright!! The next time the backup ran, the icon stayed in the tray. Even after it stopped running. It's there now. I don't understand how or why it worked, but it worked. Thanks!