Home AOMEI Products Support

Cyber Backup on HyperV not deleting the checkpoint when finished

I'm finding that daily I'm having to delete/merge the checkpoint created by Aomei the next morning after completing the HyperV backup. Am I missing a switch somewhere?
Using the Free edition of Cyber Backup

Comments

• Screenshot.
  • Attached is the screenshot from last nights backup. Thanks

• I'm not sure of your response... Are you saying my answer is within the documentation? If so, I've looked through the documentation about the snapshot cleanup and don't see anything.

What am I missing?

Thanks
  • @Csatech, Why do you need to delete the checkpoint? Generally, please don't delete the checkpoint of AOMEI Cyber Backup. Or else, it might cause backup fails.
  • edited December 2023
    Other HyperV agentless backup software create a checkpoint for the purpose of the backup. When they are finished they merge the checkpoint back into the primary drive. Checkpoints should only be temporary. They can grow quite large, become slow, and become corrupted.
    That being said, I have noticed now that the checkpoint date is updated each night.
    I'm only concerned because I feel I need to monitor the date of the checkpoint(s) each day now. I had just spent the last holiday weekend merging checkpoints that had become 1+ years old!
  • @Csatech, Generally, AOMEI Cyber Backup only retains one checkpoint. Did you mean that there are multiple checkpoints of AOMEI Cyber Backup? Could you take a screenshot so that we check it?