Home AOMEI Products Support

Backerupper: Only Keep Latest Does Not Work As Expected

Hello all,

Backerupper works wonderfully.  The only issue we're running into is that the Backup Scheme's setting to Only keep the latest x sets of backups does not appear to be working as expected.

We have this set to 30 and running once per day.  However, when we explore our backup we have images going back until 10/7 at the moment, which was 44 days ago.

Please let me know if I have something misunderstood.

Thank you for your efforts!
Tagged:

Comments

• Screenshot.

• Here you go... please let me know if I have something misunderstood.
  • @Mike_E, Based on your backup scheme, 1 full+6 incremental backups is a set. When you retain 30 sets of backups. it needs to complete the 31st set of backup, then delete the first set of backups. 
  • Thank you for that @admin.  Am I to understand that a "set" is the full backup along with all its incremental backups?  I will attempt to set the number to 5 then and see how goes.
  • edited December 2023
    @Mike_E, Yes, a "set" is the full backup along with all its incremental backups. If you need to change the backup cleanup plan, please try to manually delete all old backups, then disable backup cleanup plan and save settings, then re-enable backup cleanup plan and save settings.
  • Awesome, mystery solved then, @admin.  Your guidance/insight is appreciated!