Home AOMEI Products Support

No disk detection anymore

edited November 2023 in AOMEI Products Support
Good morning,
There is a small problem with the new version of Backupper
(7.3.3). It no longer detects disks in the PE environment (USB driver). What have you changed?

Comments

• edited November 2023
    BU WinPE USB detects most disks, however some M.2 SATA, M.2 NVMe, or other disks may need you to manually include the driver during BU USB creation.
    You could go to the disk manufacturer website, download driver. Or, if they do not have an .INF driver file, you could download their driver .exe installation file, and use 7zip to extract the .INF file inside.
    If you need an NVMe driver and do not have access to one from the manufacturer website, you could download a generic one from the Intel website.
    There are many softwares in the industry that require this kind of driver loading -- for example in many PCs, the Windows official installer USB does not detect the hard drive, even on PCs that originally had Windows OEM installed on it. In that case you would click Load Driver. There are many products that are missing drivers from the newest disks and hardware. Hirens Boot PE is an excellent product not created by Aomei, but it also requires drivers.
    There is also a separate older product Aomei WinPE 2.0 Builder USB, it has a Add Drivers button, but it does nothing, I have tried for hours. WinPE 2.0 Builder USB is great software for older PCs.
    I have no doubt you will be able to get this to work, please reply with how you fixed this issue, and provide answers to:
    1) Which motherboard mode Legacy-BIOS, UEFI-CSM, UEFI-nonCSM?
    2) What PC brand, year, model #, desktop or laptop?
    3) HDD, SSD 2.5", SSD M.2 SATA, SSD M.2 NVMe?
    4) Hard Drive partition table MBR or GPT?
    5) Aomei product tier Standard, Pro, Other?
    6) Windows version 10, 11, Home, Pro, Enterprise?
    7) Please post a screenshot of your issue, and also of Diskpart > lis dis > sel dis # > lis par > lis vol
    Thank you.
  • Thank you for your prompt response. I understand, but why don't I have this problem with older versions of Aomei? Why would they (Aomei) reduce compatibility with more recent versions of their product instead of increasing compatibility with newer disks? It's strange, isn't it?
  • Your welcome, and I have an answer to that question, if you could please answer the question above.
  • Installing the ADK kit allowed me to resolve 2 problems. That of unrecognized disks and that of creating a bootable USB disk. THANKS.