Home AOMEI Products Support

Merge with microsoft filehistory

I have decided to switch to aomei backupper. Currently i use windows filehistory to backup to my nas. I have my entire incremental backup already on there, and there isn't really room on my nas to hold 2 full backups. Is there a way i can get aomei to just take over keeping the backup that is already present or do i really need to redo the entire backup?

Comments

• edited November 2023
    I doubt that Backupper is compatible with Windows File History backups. Windows File History backs up personal files. Aomei Backupper can backup the entire disk, or system partitions, a single partition, or just folders or files. In my opinion, the best way to backup an important PC is to use Onedrive to backup your important files, and Backupper to backup the entire PC, including settings, games, and software key activations. If a virus or glitch wipes out your Windows, you have your Backupper image, and if a fire wipes out your PC and NAS backup, you have your cloud backup. But that is only my suggestion, there are many possible solutions.
    To reduce backup size, empty trash, uninstall unnecessary software, go to Settings, and clean disk.
  • @Matt404, AOMEI Backupper can't create backup based on windows backup. It needs to recreate the full backup.
  • Thats unfortunate. But thanks anyway