Home AOMEI Products Support

Win 10 - Clone to ssd STOPS at 49%

Cloning from  a 1 TB nvme (onboard) to a USB connected 1 TB Nvme is taking forever......staying stuck at 49% for over an hour and....the external Nvme is not heating up.........Not happy with AOMEI bundle purchase at all.
Tagged:

Comments

• Thank you Voice, for telling us your clone is stuck. What Aomei mode are you in? Application, Application > WinPE, Application > PreOS, WinPE USB? You could consider canceling the clone, restarting, then trying again. Could you please reply with:
    1) Which motherboard mode Legacy-BIOS, UEFI-CSM, UEFI-nonCSM?
    2) What PC brand, year, model #, desktop or laptop?
    3) Hard Drive partition table MBR or GPT?
    4) Aomei product tier Standard, Pro, Other?
    5) Windows version 10, 11, Home, Pro, Enterprise?
    6) Please post a screenshot of your issue, and also of Diskpart > lis dis > sel dis # > lis par > lis vol

• Interesting that all these questions were not asked BEFRE I purchased......

1) Which motherboard mode Legacy-BIOS, UEFI-CSM, UEFI-nonCSM?
    --- UEFI-CSM
    2) What PC brand, year, model #, desktop or laptop?
    --- 2020 Alienware Aurora R11 Desktop
    3) Hard Drive partition table MBR or GPT?
    --- GPT TO GPT
    4) Aomei product tier Standard, Pro, Other?
    --- Pro
    5) Windows version 10, 11, Home, Pro, Enterprise? 
    --- Win 10 with current updates
    6) Screenshot shows green circle circling clockwise around a green 1/2 circle with 49% in the middle.
    6)  --- Really?............should operate properly upon install............
  • edited November 2023
    Thank you for your reply. I am not associated with Aomei. I am an experienced consumer, and I volunteer to assist users in the forums.
    What Aomei mode are you in? Application mode, Application > WinPE mode, Application > PreOS mode, WinPE USB mode?
    While we are chatting, please also copy this issue to [email protected], so you can get the fastest support.
  • Thank you for your help but I purchased AOMEI expecting it to work upon install and not having to go through an elaborate question and answer session. I do sincerely thank you anyway. I'll get a refund and purchase a more reliable clone software solution. 
  • Thank you for your feedback, I will try to ask less questions in the future. I have tried almost all disk utilities, the next best one I have seen is MiniTool, check it out. You sound like a power user, definitely get Hirens Boot PE, if you haven't already, it has 160 utilities for free, including cloning, imaging, data recovery, diagnostics. If you like booting to various WinPEs, Linux Live USBs, or utilities, you should be using Ventoy.
    Hirens Boot PE - live USB tool suite
    https://www.hirensbootcd.org
    160 utilities, old BU 6.5.1, PA 9.2.1. Put custom drivers, such as NVMe drivers, into the “CustomDrivers” folder. Hirens is not recommended in combination with Ventoy USB.
    Ventoy - Best Multiboot USB Creator
    https://www.ventoy.net/en/index.html

• Amazing...as MiniTool is what I'm installing now...TY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks for the links, I appreciate you.