Home AOMEI Products Support

Bought Backupper, installed & registered, lost backups

I bought Backupper, One Key recovery and Partition Assistant. I set up multiple backups and scheduled them. I ran two of them at that time. After rebooting, there are NO backups in Backupper!

I checked, and the files for the ones I ran are there, but not in the program. There are scheduled tasks for the backups in the system, but they don't appear to be working, since there are no backup files present for them.

I am running Windows 10, and just bought the programs, so I definitely have the latest versions.

I never got a verification code, so I can't create an account..

How do I get this verification code? Would this resolve the problem of losing the backups?

Comments

• "there are no backup files present for them"
    Please reply with a screenshot of your backup settings. When you do a backup manually, does it have the same result?
    "I never got a verification code, so I can't create an account.."
    Please contact Aomei for support with your account.

• @Tiggy626, What backup type did you create? system backup? disk backup? or file backup?
    Could you try to manually run the backup task to check again? If it still can't work, please take screenshots so that we check. 
  • You are not understanding the problem. The previously created backups are not visible in the program. There was no problem with creating a backup, and the ones I ran manually are still files on the disk, but I can't see them within the program itself. Also, the previously created backup schemes are not showing up in the program, but are listed as scheduled tasks in the OS. 

I reproduced the problem. I did a forced reboot because my system froze up. (I powered if off & powered it back on)

There's no point in doing a screenshot, since it just looks like I freshly installed the program. Yet again, the previously created backups are not visible in the program.

I reiterate: NOTHING is showing up in the program. No sync, no backups.

Before the reboot I created a disk backup with scheme and schedule. I also created a Mirror Sync. Neither of these are still in the program.

This is unacceptable behavior in a backup program. It should be robust enough to handle unexpected events like this.

I am seriously contemplating just going back to Acronis and writing this off as a bad purchase.

I am unwilling to set everything back up from scratch every time my system freezes & I have to power it off.

I'm frustrated enough with my system as it is. Adding another thing I have to do is just adding salt to the wound.

I don't mean to sound mean, but I am just so irritated.

• @Tiggy626, Please email the support team to check the issue further. Maybe it needs a remote check for the issue.