Home AOMEI Products Support

Partition Assistant 10.0.1 - some basic problems

Prior to this version, I had the Pro version that I got from a "free sofware of the day" type site.  After working fine for a few years, my computer started to freeze after rebooting.  I waited as long as 15 minutes and the Q-code on my Asus MB did not change.  And, I had to press reset/power several times before it would boot successfully.  So, I go the Standard Version, but, have the same problem.

Now, it seems that my computer won't boot properly.  I understand that Partition Assistant wants to reboot sometimes and it does something to the boot process to reduce the chances of user interference.  I have gone to MSCONFIG > General > Startup selection.  "Selective startup" is selected.  But, when I click on "Normal Startup" and click <OK>, I get this error message:

"System Configuration cannot save the original boot configuration for later installation. Boot changes will be reverted"

So, it seems to me that it is not booting properly.  The problem is that the bootup bypasses the POST availability for me to press <DE> or <F2> to boot into BIOS/UEFI.  My computer also does not recognize a USB thumb drive for me to create a Windows Installaition Media.  I have looked at the various registry entries showing what is run at startup, but, AOMEI and/or Partition Assistant are not shown.  I have also created a "disk image multi-edition for x64" disk to reinstall Wondowns, but, it immediately fails.  Malwarebytes, Ccleaner, and, Windows Defender find no malware/viruses/bugs.
Tagged:

Comments

• edited October 2023
    Hello, I understand you need some help. We need more information from you, could you please reply with the answers to:
    1) Which motherboard mode Legacy-BIOS, UEFI-CSM, UEFI-nonCSM?
    2) What PC brand, year, model #, desktop or laptop?
    3) HDD, SSD 2.5", SSD M.2 SATA, SSD M.2 NVMe?
    4) Hard Drive partition table MBR or GPT?
    5) Aomei product tier Standard, Pro, Other?
    6) Windows version 10, 11, Home, Pro, Enterprise?
    7) Please post a screenshot of your issue, and also of Diskpart > lis dis > sel dis # > lis par > lis vol
    Thank you.

• @The_steve_randolph, Did you use AOMEI Partition Assistant to perform any operations? 
    "my computer started to freeze after rebooting.  I waited as long as 15 minutes and the Q-code on my Asus MB did not change.  And, I had to press reset/power several times before it would boot successfully. "----Could you take a video so that we check the situation further?