Home Storage General Discussion

Folder is added to Folder, not syncing folder?

Two SSDs, I want to Basic Sync a folder. But the folder itself is added to the target folder, not syncing the contents.
Windows app, PC...I don't basic instructions to do this. I select Folder to Folder but it just adds a Folder.

Comments

• And it adds the sync description to the folder name.

• Thank you Henry, I understand you are attempting to select the correct folder, but it is not allowing you to do so. Could you please post a screenshot of this? Thank you Henry!

• So here I'm trying to add or update the F drive folder Thumbnails from the E drive folder Thumbnails. But it also adds the Folder with all the contents, resulting in a Folder within a Folder. The program seems to add the slash at the end.
    Other syncs appended the sync name to the folder name as well. Sometimes it does or doesn't.
  • @HenryOh, Our sync feature will sync the whole source folder to the target path. So, it will create the source folder under the destination. Based on your situation, maybe you can recreate the sync task, and select "F:\" as the target path. So, when there is a same name folder under destination, it will not create a new one. So, it will copy data of the source folder to the same name folder under destination.
  • edited October 2023
    Ok, I got it! Thanks so much. I'm just used to going into each folder to add stuff.
    So what worked for me was:
    <E:\FRENCH AUDIO>
    <F:\>
    That was the missing part, not putting in the destination file in "F: "
    thanks Admin

• edited October 2023
    Well drive D is making a emoticon face D:  .   Anyway thanks...