Home AOMEI Products Support

Backupper not logging in to network share

Hello, I've been using Backupper Pro for many months placing my Windows 11 gaming PC backups on my QNAP NAS.
The NAS has a specific user for backupping and a few days ago I've changed its password because it expired. Now the problem is that every time BP tries to backup or access the network share, it prompts for username and password (that doesn't contain any unusual characters, only letters and numbers) but when I hit "OK" I just get the same pop up coming up, like if I entered wrong credentials.

Comments

• Hello Emilio, thank you for your question. I understand your BU Pro used to allow you to save on your NAS without entering user/pass, you changed the pass, and now you cannot. The correlation between the two is clearly there, but if you are stuck, you could examine the network share settings in Control Panel > Network. Please first create a system restore point. Do you confirm this error is happening on several PCs? Is it possible this feature requires a higher tier of BU? Have you considered creating a new user account to use the NAS?
  • Hello, yes, it used to work, now it's not anymore, only change is the password of the NAS user. The problem is happening only on one PC, that is the only one I backup on the network share and the NAS already has an user (backup) that I use just for backup purposes.
  • "The NAS already has an user (backup) that I use just for backup purposes."
    You had already said that your NAS has a specific user for backup purposes in your first post. My reply to that was "Have you considered creating a new user account to use the NAS?
  • @Emilio_Federici, Please try to delete NAS.xml file under C:\ProgramData\AomeiBR, and then re-add your NAS under Tools--Storage Management.