Home AOMEI Products Support

Aomei Disk Cloning on a Surface Pro X

Should I be able to do a Disk Clone on a Microsoft Surface X Pro? I was able to install the software on the Windows 11 Tablet, but it will not allow me to select the Disk that needs to be Cloned. My plan is to clone the existing M.2 2230 256gb SSD to a M.2 2230 1TB SSD.
Tagged:

Comments

• edited August 2023
    Thank you Wussery, I understand you want to clone a Windows 11 Surface small M.2 to a large M.2. Please send a screenshot of Windows Disk Management, using Start > Disk Management, or cmd > diskmgmt.msc. If you start BackUpper (BU), and then insert your large m.2 via USB enclosure, you must click refresh in the BU settings, for it to appear. Windows Disk Management refreshes itself instantly. If you do not see the target disk in Disk Management, then the problem is not due to BU, it is something else.
    Are these M.2 SATA, or M.2 NVMe ?
    I think you will find BU companion product Partition Assistant (PA) to be useful to you.
    Let us know if this helps, and please reply if you have more questions.
    Partition Assistant free

• After reading some of the older posts it appears I need to upgrade to the Pro version in order to use the Clone option.
  • If you are using the free version, then you will not be allowed to clone a system disk, only a data disk. You may create a backup image, and then restore that image to your target disk for free.
    BU is great software that is worth buying if you clone or backup from time to time, however their free version can clone well, you merely need to backup, then restore.
    Would you like a 50% discount on your purchase? Just uninstall the free version, and a small 50% off button will appear. Enjoy!