Home AOMEI Products Support

BSOD AFTER CREATE A BACKUP using ONEKEY RECOVERY

AFTER I CREATED A BACKUP USING ONEKEY RECOVERY AND RESTARTED MY PC A BLUE SCREEN OCURRIED...

boot\bcd aomei 0xc000014c

WINDOWS NOT WORKING ANYMORE. THAT WAS MY SECOND BACKUP I CREATED ON THIS COMPUTER. 

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Comments

• edited August 2023
    Hello, I understand you need some help. We need more information from you, could you please reply with the answers to:
    1) Which motherboard mode Legacy-BIOS, UEFI-CSM, UEFI-nonCSM?
    2) What is the PC brand, year, model #, desktop or laptop?
    3) HDD, SSD 2.5", SSD M.2 SATA, SSD M.2 NVMe?
    4) Hard Drive partition table MBR or GPT?
    5) Aomei product tier Standard, Pro, Other?
    6) Version of Windows, 7, 10, 11, Home, Pro, Enterprise?
    6) Please post a screenshot.
    7) Please do not use all caps.
    8) When you turn PC off and back on, does it boot?
    Backupper WinPE USB:
    Add custom drivers, such as NVMe, if necessary. Does not work with some monitors.
    https://www.ubackup.com/help/create-bootable-disk.html

Partition Assistant WinPE USB:
    Add custom drivers, such as NVMe, if necessary.
    https://www.diskpart.com/help/make-bootable-cd-wizard.html

Aomei WinPE Builder 2.0 USB, includes: Partition Assistant, Backupper, Recuva, OSF Mount, CPU-Z, Bootice. Does not support any additional drivers, such as some internal NVMe disks.
    https://www.ubackup.com/articles/make-a-bootable-usb-1004.html
    https://www.ubackup.com/pe-builder.html
    Free tools not from Aomei:
    LazeSoft - Windows boot repair
    https://www.lazesoft.com

• 1- UEFI non csm
    2-OptiPlex 3030 AIO DELL desktop
    3-hdd
    4-gpt
    5-windows 10 64 professional
    6- bsod can't load boot\bcd CODE ERROR 0xc000014c
    7-k
    8-Everytime i turn on it shows a Blue screen

• edited August 2023
    1) Please post a screenshot from Partition Assistant (PA) WinPE USB.
    2) I do not know the cause of your BSOD, but I have some commands you could try. Before doing any of these commands, please first use BackUpper (BU) WinPE USB to backup your entire disk, in case these troubleshooting steps fail.
    3) These are common commands when PC is not booting. You could do these steps in your Win10 / Win11 USB, or in PA, BU USB. If you do not have these sticks yet, please go to another working PC and create them.
    bootrec \fixmbr
    bootrec \fixboot
    bootrec \scanos
    bootrec \rebuildbcd
    bcdboot <Letter>:\windows
    4) If these steps fail, you could try the more powerful LazeSoft USB automated boot repair. However, in rare cases, this utility attempts to repair too many boot settings. If that happens, you could restore from your backup you created in step 2.
  • @Oushiro, Please try to boot into recovery environment of AOMEI OneKey Recovery, and then do the restore again.
    If it still can't work, please refer to the suggestions from AiArtisan to create a WinPE media on another working computer, and then boot the computer from WinPE to check and fix.
  • Windows restored after I used backup. But all the computers I use are elsewhere. 
    I access remotely and there is only one third-party employee to help me.
    Already have the one key system installed and the first backup done.
     I would like to know why this happened on all computers that I backed up for the second time,
     is it because of the WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER?
     How am I going to be able to use the system if every time I make a backup this happens.
     The outsourced employee does not have technical knowledge.
  • edited August 2023

Oushiro, thank you for that info. Are you saying that several of your PCs have this exact same error 0xc000014c after doing the 2nd backup with OneKey?
    I don't know what caused the error.
    For the remote PCs, you could teleconference with your employee using Zoom/Skype/Facetime, then ask them to push the appropriate key for the Temporary Boot Menu in the chart above. If it is a Dell, you would probably push F12, it is probably unnecessary to push the UEFI/BIOS button, we do not have to change those settings. After the remote employee can temporarily boot to a USB utility stick, assist them with teleconferencing to do the repair steps above. If the remote employee does not have access to another working PC, you could create a USB utility, and mail it to them.
    In the future, as an alternative, you could use BackUpper (BU) Pro to setup automatic backup when your remote employee plugs in an external drive, it automatically backup the PC disk to external drive. To do this, you can go into BU Pro GUI settings.
  • Thanks for your reply. I know how to fix this using a backup i just created. But if keep happening everytime i create a backup it took too much time don't you agree? Is this something related with a config windows that create a windows boot manager?[
  • In the future, as an alternative, you could use BackUpper (BU) Pro to setup automatic backup when your remote employee plugs in an external drive, it automatically backup the PC disk to external drive. To do this, you can go into BU Pro GUI settings.
  • I only have a ONEKEYRECOVERY license to backup. Is there any solution for this problem?
  • Thank you, what is the OneKey version, in the About section?
  • 1.71 version
  • Your photo shows round edges that the older Aomei products had prior to about 2020. Now all their products use sharp square edges. Oushiro, what version and year did you originally install Onekey? Please try reinstalling it. I just installed the latest version, and yours does not look like mine.

Admin, could you please explain this?
  • I got that picture from internet. It was an example
  • edited August 2023
    In this thread, please only post screenshots from your systems, not from the internet, they could be on different or old versions.
    Could you please confirm that your PCs have performed all the required and optional Windows updates? Please also do the optional driver updates listed, and the BIOS/UEFI/Firmware updates thank you. Then try Onekey again, do the backup twice, report back the results.
  • All drivers and windows was updated.

BIOS A10
    DELL 3020

I got 10 machines with the same O.S and drivers (cloned),,,3 of them got Bluescreen ...that was the second time i created a backup using onekey...the first time it went all ok. 
  • @Oushiro, Did you mean that you first time created the backup and restore for the computer, it work? Then, you continue to create backup for the restored system and then restore it again, then boot failed?
    Could you try to boot into the recovery environment of AOMEI OneKey Recovery, and then do the restore again? Please take screenshots of the whole steps.
  • @Oushiro, Did you mean that you first time created the backup and restore for the computer, it work? Then, you continue to create backup for the restored system and then restore it again, then boot failed?

no, i already had a backup created 2 months ago...now i needed to backup again..then in several machines got blue screen like got no windows boot.

If i restore the backup it came back to life...but most of the time i create the backup remotely and the user isn't a person with IT knowledge.
  • the restore process it ocurried ok...the thing is when i restart a computer after create a backup.
  • @Oushiro, "now i needed to backup again..then in several machines got blue screen like got no windows boot."---Could you take a screenshot of the boot error screen so that we check it further? And, did you manually reboot the computer after backup? Or, AOMEI OneKey Recovery required a reboot to backup?
  • manually reboot.
  • actually both cases...asking for reboot if my drives is larger than 400gb or manually if my drives has 200gb or less...
  • Free tool not from Aomei:
    Supergrub 2 - Boot Tool
    https://www.supergrubdisk.org/super-grub2-disk/
    Boots Any OS, Windows, Linux, Other

• thanks for your reply, but like i said, i'm creating a backup remotely and i can't boot with a pendrive or another software
  • My apologies.
  • do you have any other sugestions?
  • @admin any clue for this error?
  • @Oushiro, Could you try to restore the system again? And then, please run the backup manually on the computer (not via remote), and take a video of the whole steps and process so that we check the problem further.
    And, what system are you running on the computer?