Home AOMEI Products Support

Boot stick without operation

Hello Admin,

I created a boostick with AOMEI Backupper Professional 7.3.1 (Windows and Linux), which also boots and loads AOMEI Backupper UI, but I can't operate it with either mouse or keyboard, can you help me?

Comments

• Please do not use the BackUpper (BU) Linux version, that is about version 5 or so, very old. Could you please tell us which type of mouse and keyboard connection you are using? Wired, wireless - bluetooth, wireless - dongle? Please do not assume which connection type until you have a way of confirming it. I have met people who believe because they do not have a wire, therefore they have a bluetooth, but that is wrong, because I checked and they had a dongle. If you are using wireless - bluetooth, you cannot use that with Aomei WinPE. If you checked and you have wireless - dongle mouse and keyboard, then that does work with Aomei WinPE.
  • I use a wired USB mouse and keyboard
  • edited August 2023
    Please try plugging the wired mouse and keyboard directly into another USB port, until it works. Please do not use a hub or an adapter. Please reply with your mouse, keyboard, and PC model numbers.
  • edited August 2023
    Keyboard and mouse (Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 -Logitech M500s) are connected directly to a
    Msi B450 GAMING PLUS MAX Motherboard.
  • @MIB2, When you create the WinPE, please check if it checks "Download WinPE creating environment...". If yes, please try to download and install Windows ADK and Windows PE Addon. After that, please try to create WinPE with uncheck the option.
    As for downloading and installing Windows ADK and Windows PE Addon, please refer to here:
    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/get-started/adk-install
    If it still can't use the mouse and keyboard, please try to manually add USB3.0 drivers when you recreate the WinPE. 
  • Thank you, that worked.
  • Thanks for the link, you saved my day.