Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEI Backupper for Outlook locks Outlook files so Outlook cannot start until Backupper finishes

AOMEI Backupper is scheduled to backup Outlook every day at 10:00am (as an example).

Generally, Backupper performs fine, BUT if the computer is started on or after the 10:00am scheduled backup time, Backupper runs before Outlook is loaded and Backupper locks the Outlook files so that Outlook cannot run from Startup folder.  I have to start Outlook manually after Backupper finishes and releases the locked files.

Is there any way to delay the AOMEI Backupper schedule so that Backupper will not run until Outlook is loaded?

Windows10 Pro, Microsoft 365 with current updates, AOMEI Backupper 7.2.3

Comments

• @Computerperson, Did you set "Run the missing backup after starting computer next time"?
  • edited July 2023
    So are you saying that AOMEI Backupper considers the backup missing if the computer is started after the scheduled backup time?

I believe that is what is happening, and that is what I want Backupper to do, BUT if it is loaded before Outlook in the boot sequence  Backupper locks the Outlook files so Outlook cannot start and errors.

That is NOT what I want to happen.  I want Backupper to run and also allow Outlook to start as well.
  • @Computerperson, Yes, if the computer is started after the scheduled backup time, the schedule task will not run. If you check "Run the missing backup after starting computer next time", it will run the task again when the computer starts.
    As for "locks the Outlook files", we will submit the problem to our dev team to optimize.