Home AOMEI Products Support

Help needed to restore windows backup image to new SSD

edited July 2023 in AOMEI Products Support
Hello!
I have a 1TB SSD with two drives (C: windows and D : personal files). I have made a system backup of my windows that I am able to restore when needed with AOMEI whenever needed. When I do a restore, the system is restored and drive D : is untouched as expected. I have bought a new SSD 2TB and want to restore my backed up image to the new drive. I know that I can install that drive on my PC and restore the image on it. But I have few doubts and questions:

What I want to achieve is to have the exact same partition size as I had on the old drive on my old system on the new one. And then have ONLY my D : drive 1 TB bigger on the new SSD. So I can continue backing up and restoring my system from any of the two drives to the other one.
Will I be able to do this by not partitioning the new SSD, and have only unallocated space on it, then restoring the backed up system image to that SSD?  Would I then get the exact same clone of system on both ssd and have the remaining part of the new ssd as unalocated, so I can format it and have it as new D : +1tb? Or should I do this in another way?

Comments

• edited July 2023
    Backupper should allow you to choose 3 options during restoration. Keep partition size the same, expand partitions to use all unallocated space, or manual customization.
  • Birdy, When you do the restore, you can get the exact same clone of system on both ssd and have the remaining part of the new ssd as unalocated.