Home AOMEI Products Support

Issue with AOMEI Backupper Pro - SSD Not Detected as Bootable Device

Dear AOMEI Backupper Support,

I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I encountered while using AOMEI Backupper Pro for disk cloning. I would greatly appreciate your guidance and support in resolving this matter.

The primary reason for reaching out is that during my initial attempt, the SSD (destination) that I cloned my HDD (GPT) to was not recognized as a bootable device. I am concerned about this issue and would like to ensure that the cloned SSD is correctly detected as a bootable device.

To provide some context, I performed the cloning process on the same machine, transferring the data and operating system from the HDD (GPT) to the SSD (MBR). I have taken necessary precautions by creating backups of my important data prior to the cloning process.

Furthermore, I have followed the recommended steps and guidelines, including adjusting the boot order in the BIOS settings to prioritize the SSD as the boot device. However, despite these efforts, the SSD is not being recognized as a bootable device.

I would like to request your expert assistance in addressing this bootable device recognition issue. Any detailed instructions or recommendations you can provide to ensure that the cloned SSD is correctly detected as a bootable device would be immensely helpful.

Thank you for your attention and support in resolving this issue. I am grateful for your prompt assistance.

Sincerely, Cas

Comments

• edited May 2023
    1) Which motherboard mode are you running on? UEFI-noncsm, UEFI-csm, or Legacy-BIOS? MBR disks can only boot into UEFI-csm, and Legacy-BIOS mode.
    2) I understand the advantage in cloning a HDD to SSD, however, could you please explain why you want the target disk to use a different partition table type, MBR? That is not normal, you would only want to use a different partition table type for a specific reason.
    3) Before cloning again, please use a utility, such as Cmd > Diskpart, or Partition Assistant (PA), to convert the target disk to GPT, please note this will likely erase all partitions and data on the target disk. After conversion to GPT, do the clone again.
    4) If your SSD still does not boot after these suggestions, please post a screenshot of the source & target disk from PA.