Home AOMEI Products Support

Change backup scheme

Hello, why can't I change the schema (Standard Edition 7.2.1)? I want to reduce the number of backups to keep as my disk is getting full. Can I somehow understand which editions I had on the PC in recent years? I thought I changed it before? When I try to change it, after OK, it just says "Exclusive Limited Offer"! Don't look through it anymore. Thanks

Comments

• @Lodar, "Automatic Backup Cleanup" is a paid feature. You can't enable it on Standard Edition.
  • edited May 2023
    But why was I able to set it before? Automatic backup cleanup is also enabled in the scheme. (see image) I can't change the backup method either, I can't change the number of incremental backups from 3 to 2. (But why was I able to do it before, or where does this 3 incremental setting come from?) I would never have installed this program if I couldn't adjust anything anymore! Is there a description of exactly what you can and can't do in the standard edition? Something is wrong here. Here are some pictures of how mine looks: Why was it possible to set all this and not change it anymore?

• Apparently I didn't make myself clear, so I'll phrase my questions differently.

Why was I able to select the following settings during installation, but now I can't change them anymore?
    -Time schedule: Weekly, what day and what time.
    -Scheme: incremental, after every 3......, by count and "keep only the last 1 backup.

I hope to get an answer now. Thank you very much
  • edited May 2023
    Verry, verry bad Job!
  • I have now found the solution to my problem myself. Luckily I didn't have to rely on the support of such kind of "admins" like you in the end!!! I've had the lifetime upgrade for a year. I just wasn't sure anymore. Hence my question: "Can I somehow understand which editions I had on the PC in recent years? I thought I changed it before?" No answer from you!!! As a professional, if you want to be one, you should have clearly seen from my two pictures that a professional edition was already available!!! Was it too much work for you, didn't you feel like it or did you want to keep me in the dark so that I have to buy a new one despite having a lifetime license code? (which would be almost criminal) I'll probably never know, but at least you read what a bad job you did!
  • @Lodar, We can't find your order via your email address. So, we didn't know if you have the license of AOMEI Backup pro. If you have a lifetime license code of AOMEI Backupper pro, you can register the software and use the "Automatic Backup Cleanup" feature. 
    If you set the "Automatic Backup Cleanup"  for a task when you use the Pro edition, then you install the standard edition, the "Automatic Backup Cleanup" will not continue to work.
    "I can't change the number of incremental backups from 3 to 2."----The free Standard Edition can change it. What error situation did you get when you change it?

• There is no point in writing further here. I had to solve my problem myself, and I did it. They were no help and actually added to the problem. Topic closed!