Home AOMEI Products Support

Clone crive from one laptop direct to a second laptop

Hi

I have searched but couldn't find the answer.

I have 2 lenovo yoga 13 and would like to clone the os drive from one to the second directly by linking them via usb3 and cable  can you advise if this is possibe and the best method?

Many thanks

Comments

• I feared that you might say tha - the drives are VERY hard to remove!

Thanks anyway worth a question

• Just another thought how about cloning the 1st drive to USB and then loading that image from USB drive into the 2nd machine?

• Assybish,

Most modern laptops actually have only a few screws to remove the hard disk.  Unless your laptop is very old removing one to put onto a USB adapter should actually be trivially simple.  

That being said, making a copy to an external drive then overwriting the second laptop with that copy is probably the easiest.

• edited December 2014

It is a lenovo yoga 13 very modern and that is the trouble being so thin one has to remove the keyboard keyboard bezel and the back and then part of the chasis to even access the 2 drives let alone take them out which is an art in itself! Sadly this is the modern trend try replacing a battery in a Nexus 7 2013 or an ipad or even worse iphone 6! I agree all my other laptops are easy but this "new generation" of laptop tablets are much harder. In the Yoga pro 2 13 you can't replace remove or repair the RAM it's soldered in! I wish I could easily do it as I would increase the drive size easily :(

• Assybish,

I agree that sounds like a pain in the rump.  All of my computer equipment is easy to work on.   Sorry about that, chap.

• Thank you to all posters and mods!

Just to be ignorant can anyone point me to the help item that will run me through taking an image from 1 machine onto a usb drive and then loading that image onto a second laptop of same make and os (but a faster processor and larger drive) ?

I have cloned an image from drive to drive before but never via an intermediary USB "drive".

Thanks

Assybish