Home AOMEI Products Support

Can Aomei Backupper Pro - System Clone to another partition on same drive to make a dual boot?

I have tried several ways to no END. 
Can this software do it? I'm trying to clone Disk4 (corsair mp600 nvme m.2 partition C: (system) to Disk4 -H: (partition) to make a dual boot. 
I can do it manually but when i go to make a back up with aomei backupper pro it changes the disk4 H: drive from (Boot,Page.)_. to (Basic, Data..)
I get this note at the bottom and can not find the information on how to make it work. 

Tagged:

Comments

• @Avi, We are afraid that the backup/restore feature can't achieve your needs. It can't create dual boot via the way.
  • edited April 2023
    If you have a 2 windows disks, and they both have the same partition table type MBR/GPT, then you could try to use BackUpper or Partition Assistant to partition clone the Win C partition to the other disk, then use utilties or commands to include the new Win in the BCD boot menu. Then you would turn on the PC, and the BCD menu would appear that asks you which Win installation to boot to. I Have done this many times, and it usually works. Always backup your entire disk to a separate disk before attempting surgery like this, and disconnect all unnecessary disks.
    Free tools not from Aomei:
    LazeSoft - live USB boot repair
    https://www.lazesoft.com

EasyBCD - application
    https://easybcd.en.softonic.com

Ventoy - bootable USB Creator

• When cloning a system partition, or system disk, in my personal experience, I have had better success with Backupper than Partition Assistant.

• edited September 2023
    Aomei Backupper can successfully clone a system to another partition on the same drive, thereby enabling a dual boot setup. This feature can be used to run multiple operating systems on a single drive, offering flexibility for testing, troubleshooting, or using different OS versions without requiring a separate physical drive.